How to get rid of Babylon malware?

1. mintinfo profile image77
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

How to get rid of Babylon malware?

I have tried everything to get rid of this Babylon malware that has hijacked my Crome browser including deleting the browser and all my bookmarks.

2. forlanda profile image79
    forlandaposted 4 years ago

There are many solutions already out on the Internet on this.  The solution can get pretty involved depending on how many browsers you have installed on you computer, as Babylon messes with all of them.  One thing for sure, it adds a toolbar, changes your search engine, and your home page.  The first thing you want to do is uninstall the toolbar through the Add Remove Programs section of Windows. Then you can restore your search engine to google or which ever one you have before.  This can be done through the browser settings.  Next, you can reset your homepage.  Lastly you'll want to run various tools to remove other crap it installed on your computer.  This article on how to remove Babylon malware from MalwareBytes forum has specific instructions on how to clean it up:  http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph … pic=123188

1. mintinfo profile image77
      mintinfoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I have tried several things suggested in tech help forums but while some solutions seem to work for awhile the problem suddenly comes back. I have to be careful where I go I guess

working