jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Google + (plus) have a higher impact on search ranking than other social me

1. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 4 years ago

Does Google + (plus) have a higher impact on search ranking than other social media platforms?

Leaving out social reputation and assuming all social platforms are equal at this point. Would Google Plus have a greater impact on your website rank than other platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter.

2. electronician profile image83
    electronicianposted 4 years ago

It would have more of an impact because of personalized search, which means that if someone shares your story on Google plus it will coming higher in the rankings for all their friends.

Whether it has more of an effect on the general rankings, which I think is probably your question, is a different matter, but my guess would be that it has a very slightly bigger impact but not much.

3. amandasozak profile image60
    amandasozakposted 4 years ago

I'd agree with Electronician.

If you have personalization set up (which is a default option and the majority of people do) and you interact with a website's G+ page, you will likely see them ahead of similar sites when you do searches related to them.

People involved in search engine optimization have done research on the idea that the more your business engages in G+, the more highly your website will rank, and have found a correlation between the two. Google has come out to say that correlation does not equal causation, and the content on your site and other ranking factors are what drives better rankings. No one really knows for sure the degree to which social media influences Google search engine rankings - except maybe for Google. smile

If social media has a significant influence in search engine rankings, G+ would certainly be the social media platform that Google would weigh more heavily than others.

4. sitebuilders profile image75
    sitebuildersposted 4 years ago

Google uses over 200 factors to rank a single page, so I think that just sharing a story via G+ won't influence the positions much. However, I think that having an active G+ page is a must, as the service itself is developed by Google, and perhaps it does contribute to your SEO karma.

5. jackreacher profile image60
    jackreacherposted 4 years ago

Yes Google plus has greater impact compared to other Social platforms. Google plus authorship (Rich Snippet - Structured data), number of +1 and re-shares really matters. It gives authenticity to content among users and search engines too.

working