jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Flappy birds has been deleted off the app store. Is this just a PR stunt?

1. jamieedwards1 profile image67
    jamieedwards1posted 4 years ago

Flappy birds has been deleted off the app store. Is this just a PR stunt?

2. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

Nope. The dude who made it got overwhelmed. He never wanted it to be about money (he only cared about being an indie game developer), and he was being hounded by people to do this and that.

Also, he seems to be a quiet, simple guy from Vietnam, and there's this language barrier so people were tweeting him saying things like, "I hate you. Because of you I have no life." and he took the tweets seriously and felt guilty...

3. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

Definitely not a PR stunt, he seemed like a very humble guy and simply couldn't handle the massive attention. It is understandable.

4. how2makeablog profile image41
    how2makeablogposted 3 years ago

I think the developer fell into what I call "The Rock Star" syndrome. You know, everyone wants to be loved, famous and rich, until it really happens. Remember Kurt Cobain? Some people simply cannot handle fame or creating a product that takes over their lives or the lives of others. There were endless stories in the media of parents neglecting their children to play video games. Perhaps the developer didn't want to contribute to this behavior.  We'll see if he develops a new app. If he does. PR stunt for sure.

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club, that would have me as a member"

- Woody Allen

working