jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How do people pin articles by authors who don't want them on Pinterest?

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image95
    The Dirt Farmerposted 3 years ago

How do people pin articles by authors who don't want them on
    Pinterest?

This is the 3rd time I've gotten a notice from Pinterest that one of the pins I pinned had been removed: "We're getting in touch to let you know we received a copyright complaint and have removed one (or more) of your Pins. The complaint wasn't directed against you or your Pin; it was directed against another user's Pin of the same content." How can that happen? How do you pin an article without a Pinterest link? Copy & paste?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

If I were you and it happened 3 times, I would ask each author for permission prior to pinning and get them to name their preferred way for me to pin their work prior to doing so. Otherwise, I would not do so at all. It sounds like more trouble than it's worth to share some things however, it's their right to control the sources of traffic to their work.

The Dirt Farmerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The pins were of material that had already been pinned. I just . . . repinned it. (:  How'd it get pinned in the first place?

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ah, that is especially perplexing. It's possible they are finding your pins before they find the pin that came prior to yours. Maybe you are more visible/active than the others. Nevertheless, it does sound kind of like you're being targeted.

3. Radcliff profile image78
    Radcliffposted 3 years ago

Hi Jill. Pinterest has a button you can download. It ends up in your toolbar and you use it to pin any page you want without copying and pasting the address. You can also pin them if there is a button on the article, usually next to the facebook and twitter buttons. You probably repinned something posted by someone else who pinned the plagiarized material. I hope this answers your question somewhat!

The Dirt Farmerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

THAT'S what I didn't know! Thank you. Cheers, Jill

Closed to reply

working