jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Experts predict that Bitcoin will be bigger than the internet.. what does that e

1. BLynd Logyk profile image78
    BLynd Logykposted 3 years ago

Experts predict that Bitcoin will be bigger than the internet.. what does that even mean?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I take it to mean that if it is allowed to operate across all countries without any Government control/ intervention, it can grow to become a massive scam going beyond the coverage of Internet-related financial activities! (Funding terrorists, drug cartels, illegal arms trade, black marketing, money laundering etc)

1. greenteatravels profile image77
      greenteatravelsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't trust it.

3. greenteatravels profile image77
    greenteatravelsposted 3 years ago

Sounds like more of a scam from what I've heard.

4. Ghaaz B profile image84
    Ghaaz Bposted 3 years ago

I'm interested to know which experts made such a prediction, as Bitcoin will operate entirely within the internet, and therefore couldn't be "bigger" than it.

However, it's possible that they meant (or said) that it will cause a bigger revolution than the internet-- this can be argued either way since we're still a good 10 years out.

The truth is, Bitcoin, and cryptocurrency in general, has the potential to cause the biggest revolution in human history. I mean, who ever thought we could fundamentally change money? And what else would be bigger or better? (Provided that the change is for the better, of course).

I would argue that it's definitely for the better. I don't have a problem with banks-- as a person who understands their necessity and can see the whole economic picture, I don't tend to despise them as much as everyone else seems to. Still, I can see that cryptocurrency is just better. Besides, think of cryptocurrency as just a new currency-- governments will still keep their own fiat currencies (or they might choose to make their own cryptocurrency).

working