jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How many persons actually read the terms of service before clicking "I Accept"?

1. clivewilliams profile image84
    clivewilliamsposted 3 years ago

How many persons actually read the terms of service before clicking "I Accept"?

We could all be agreeing to some sick demented contract when we click the "I agree" button. What say you?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I imagine very few if any read the terms of agreement for something they want. Most people know if they don't accept the terms they won't be granted access to the software or the product.

clivewilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

guilty as charged smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I guess they could put anything in those terms and conditions: "You must give up your first born child." And people would click yes! LOL!
      I bet just about everyone has automatically clicked yes without reading at least once.

3. Sara Jofre profile image75
    Sara Jofreposted 3 years ago

Well I know I don't... And I should, of course... but it is just a lot, isn't it?

well i think they design it for us not to read, or just stop reading mid way and just click i accept.

4. Bethieannie profile image87
    Bethieannieposted 3 years ago

Very few. On most sites I see people ask questions that are answered in the ToS. But, some people read it, but don't understand it. If I was the devil, and I needed to get a bunch of souls quick, I would do it with a TOS! That's the thought that makes me read them!

absolutely right, that's like clicking away your soul

5. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I believe most people are lazy to go through the fine print and they simply hit "I agree".

However, I ask two simple questions: What do I lose if I hit blindly and what does the site gains by that? If I find there is a risk, I quickly scan the fine print, specifically looking for such of those paras that can potentially affect me; if there is something fishy, I don't hit "I agree".

Of course, this I learned after carelessly pressing "I agree" in a couple of cases earlier!

C.V.Rajan aint we all, fine prints and long TOS are like a great white coming to the beach

working