- Internet & the Web
How to forward Gmail to a Yahoo Mail account
So you have a Gmail account, but you want to have Gmail email forward to your Yahoo Mail account? It's easy to do following these simple steps.
- Open up your Gmail account.
- Click on the Mail Settings link in the upper right corner (might be under the Options link, which looks like a gear).
- Click on the subtab below Settings called Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In the top Forwarding box, click on the button Add a forwarding address.
- In the small window that pops up, enter your Yahoo Mail email address. Click Next.
- You will get a message that says a confirmation code has been sent for verification. Click OK.
- Go to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Look for an email from the Gmail Team with the subject line Gmail Forwarding Confirmation.
- Click on the link to verify. You should be taken to a browser window saying "Confirmation Success! ********@gmail.com may now forward to ********@yahoo.com"
- Go back to your Gmail Settings page, under Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In the Forwarding box at the top again, right above the button you pressed earlier, there should be a radio button saying "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" and a drop-down menu. Select your Yahoo Mail address in this drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu to the right, decide what you want done with those original messages in Gmail. You can leave them in your Gmail inbox (unread), you can have them marked read, you can archive them (hidden but findable via Gmail search) or deleted.
- Click the radio button to the left of the "Forward a copy of incoming mail..."
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom
With that, you're all set! You can always return to the same Forwarding settings to disable forwarding if you want to later.