How To Get A Targeted Following On Twitter
There is a difference between having a following and having a targeted following. Having a following means having the big number. Having a targeted following means having a following who loves what you tweet about. For a targeted following, if you tweet about social media, your followers are very interested in social media articles. This will result in you getting more clicks, retweets, and engagement on Twitter.
Having the targeted following on Twitter will lead to more opportunities down the road, but most people do not know how to get a targeted following on Twitter. On this page, I will show you exactly how to get a targeted following on Twitter, and in the process, you will be able to gain over 100 followers on Twitter every day.
1. Identify your niche. What do you want people to know you for? Are you tweeting about sports, social media, or fashion?
2. Find someone or a group of people in your niche with over 100,000 followers. This person has a big following which also means a big influence. Since I tweet about social media, business, and blogging, I look at Jeff Bullas, Seth Godin, and others as well.
3. Make sure the person with 100,000 followers did not buy their followers by running a TwitterAudit on them. You don't want to be focusing on someone with a fake influence.
4. Follow the people who follow that person. Tweepi is a great tool that will allow you to do this. When you follow these people, make sure you follow the people who are very likely to follow you back.
5. When your follower to following ratio goes out of control, you need to unfollow some of the inactive users or some of the people who are not following you back. ManageFlitter is a great tool that will allow you to do this.
6. Repeat again and again. By doing this every day and following hundreds of people, you can expect 100 followers every day.