What are PhoneGap Apps
PhoneGap: A Cross Platform Mobile App Development Tool
PhoneGap is currently the first choice of developers for developing cross platform compatible applications. There are 7 major mobile operating systems in the market, but no mobile platform has a common native development tool. Cross platform mobile framework was the necessity of the mobile industry. PhoneGap has solved that problem for the mobile industry, it has integrated web technologies & native development with cross platform approach and the only part that is portable here is the web. With the help of PhoneGap it is possible to provide different architecture for different platform and to let the apps use the features according to the current framework in use.
What Is PhoneGap?
Advantages of PhoneGap
· * Hybrid apps can be created using native functions and rich user interface using web technology.
· * Best thing about the PhoneGap is that it supports cross platform application development.
· * Camera, Accelerometer, Compass, Files, Contacts, Geo location, Network, Media, and storage functionalities are supported.
· * It has very active and supportive community and its growing rapidly.
· * Deployment framework for multiple platforms.
What Device Can You Use It On?
For long time we faced the problem of choosing an application for a specific mobile operating system. Compatibility was the major issue for every application. PhoneGap has made it possible to use a single app on all platforms. A single PhoneGap application can be deployed across various devices such as Blackberry, iOS, Apple, Android, Windows Phone, Bada, WebOS, and Symbian. Of course there is a cost to PhoneGap’s ease & cross platform compatibility. It creates web applications that seems native but do not really qualify.
But if you are looking for extending a data driven application to various mobile devices PhoneGap would be very effective. It strikes an excellent balance between app functionality and developers effort.
Get started with PhoneGap