- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - What's so Special about it?
Note 4 vs iPhone 6 plus
When it comes to a phablet showdown, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus would tend to be the hottest topic on the forum. I would like to start off the note by firsti mentioning that both phones are awesome and they both have their merits in terms of their performance, premium feel, user interface, quality of camera, screen resolution. Based on my experience in using both types of phone, you may want to consider the following pointers when deciding which phone to get for yourself:
iPhone 6 Plus
- Bulky, overall phone size is larger than Note 4, not advisable for users who prefer to keep their phone in their jeans' pocket. Even though the screen size of IP6+ is merely 5.5 inch, it is actually significantly larger than Note 4 when you hold it in your hand. This may cause trouble for those who are not accustomed to using a smartphone with both hands. (though this issue is addressed with the 'double tap home button' function to allow the screen to drop down)
- User-Friendly, the amount of work you need to make a call or send a text is minimal. All thanks to iOS 8.1's optimized system, the engineers ensure that accessing the functions on iPhone is intuitive to all users. 95% of the time, you would know where to tap to access the options menu in the app.
- Premium Design, definitely IP6+ over Note 4. You know how people judge one another by checking out their fashion sense, what they use, how they present themselves? Yeah, what phone you use matters, and being an iPhone 6 Plus user usually make you look classy and elegant. The sleek and thin build of IP6+, topped up with a metal back makes it exceptionally premium.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Poor Positioning of the Speaker, since the only speaker of Note 4 is located at the back of phone, sound coming out may be muffled or softened when you place it faced-up. It's quite a turn-off when you want to listen music from the phone's speaker while using it on the table.
- High Performance, with one of the latest 2.7 GHz, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor chip ensures that you are able to run your games in the background while watching your movie smoothly on phone. Also, this mobile is equipped with 3GB ram.
- Stylus Pen, this is EXCLUSIVE to Note 4 only on the market so far. Unlike other phones, you can use the S-Pen to do some doodling on your phone or record some handwritten notes on your phone. Given the improvement in its software, it is now able to transcribe your handwritten words into typed words, making it convenient for people to edit their notes freely.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
iPhone 6 Plus
1440 x 2560 pixels Super AMOLED
1080 x 1920 pixels
Quad-core Snapdragon 805
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
In-Depth Review of Note 4
I am currently a satisfied user of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for 3 months already. Before I purchased Note 4, I was using the Sony Xperia Z and the jump was HUGE. Note 4 is so much better in terms of performance, camera quality, and its design. However, not all phones are perfect and I do notice one or two not-so-good points about Note 4.
Poor Speaker Placement
Well, not all are good about the Note 4 and that's why I am here to make sure you know all the pros and cons of this phone before making the decision of buying it. For the last 3 months I have been using, I am a little unhappy that my music coming out from the phone is quite soft. It is mainly because I like to multitask while listening to music on my phone. Thus this would mean that I have to place my phone facing up right...? This is where the problem comes in, the speaker is covered by the ground and cause the sound to become muffled and soft. The speaker is so SMALL! (as you can see from my picture above) Honestly, this shouldn't happen for a flagship phone that promises to deliver premium user experience coming from Samsung. To compensate for the softer music, I have to increase the volume of the media sound by at least 3 bars.
Very Fast Charging and Good Battery Life
When you unbox your Note 4, you'll see this white adaptive fast charging adapter sitting inside. When I first charge my Note 4 after 24 hours of long usage, I originally expected at least 2 hours of charging time. I WAS WRONG. From 3% battery percentage, it is fully charged at 100% in less than 90 minutes! This made it convenient for me as I can charge the phone right before I head out to meet my friends and still return home with a quarter charged. Just take note that you need to use the original(official) charging adapter and its wire to have such charging capability.
Note 4 has incredible battery life! As a typical 19 year-old teenager, I use my phone quite a lot to surf the net, check Facebook and play FIFA 15 quite often. Nonetheless, with a battery capacity of 3220mAh, it is able to last for 24 hours! Even with heavy usage, my phone usually last for around 20 hours which is very amazing for a smartphone like this. Yet, the battery is powering a powerful processor chip like a Quad-core Snapdragon 805 and its 4k resolution Super AMOLED screen. Come on guys, with all these features in place, we ought to give its battery life some credits.
4k Screen Resolution with Super AMOLED Display
I am very glad that I chose this smartphone with a Quad HD screen resolution. It really relieve the burden on my eye strain a lot! Samsung boasts a lot about their Super AMOLED display and it really lives up to its tale. So what's the difference between a Super AMOLED display and other normal LCD display?
Super AMOLED, uses lots of tiny light emitting diodes (LEDs) to produce light and different colors. By adjusting the voltage, and therefore the brightness, of each of these red, green, and blue LEDs you can create a wide range of colors, or black. All in all, you can see that Note 4 has brighter and more vibrant colours than other screens. It is truly optimized for web browsing and e-reading.
Performance of the phone is generally fast, there is little or no lag when you start an application. For those gamers out there who like to play first-person-shooting (FPS) games on your smartphone, Note 4 is capable of running high graphic intensive games smoothly. I was playing Dead Trigger 2 on my phone and I enjoyed it very much since the game did not have any jagged frames or frame loss from what I see. Also, this smartphone is able to run 4k videos at ease, there won't be frame loss when you watch your 4k resolution movie on your phone. Great performance.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 4G+: More than big
Samsung finds itself in a precarious situation this year with two bigger iPhone 6 models breathing down its neck. Can Samsung, the company who started the phablet craze, defend its turf with the Galaxy Note 4 4G+? Let's find out in this detailed revi
- Super AMOLED vs Super LCD: top smartphone screens compared | News | TechRadar
Super AMOLED vs Super LCD: top smartphone screens compared - With HTC in one corner and Samsung in the other we put Super LCD and Super AMOLED head. Buying advice from the leading technology site
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review - CNET
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will thrill anyone who loves a fast phone with a large screen, but it's best for compulsive scribblers willing to pay a lot for its winning stylus.
- iPhone 6 review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar
iPhone 6 review | The impressive new iPhone has arrested the slide for Apple - and shown us that the Cupertino brand can still make a brilliant smartphone. Reviews | TechRadar