- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets
Hand Held Portable Scanner - Handheld Scanner
This hand held portable scanner is the most recent thing on my gift ideas wish list. I wish I had this a long time ago. I was aware that there were portable scanners on the market – you know, the kind that are nice and small and you feed sheets of paper or photographs through it to scan on-the-go? This one is nice and small and very portable, but it doesn’t work the same way, it’s better!
The Magic Wand Portable Scanner by VuPoint is really like a magic wand – you are not limited to individual pieces of paper that must be fed through a slot in the scanner. You simply turn it on and you “wave” the wand over whatever it is that you want to scan. Why is this better? Think about it – something catches your eye in a magazine (a gift idea, a great article) that you want to save but you don’t want to or can’t (because it’s not yours) tear out the page … what are you to do? Pull out you portable hand held Magic Wand scanner and swipe it over the page(s) and voila! it’s yours!
This kit includes the scanner, a 4GB microSD card, carry case, USB cable, cleaning cloth, and OCR software.
There are so many applications that this could come in handy for, I get excited at the thought! How many times have you needed a copy of something right then and there but had no scanner around? With the magic wand, it doesn’t matter what you need to scan or where it is – it’s totally portable. You can use it to scan a floor or wallpaper pattern for a home décor or remodeling project; you can scan a recipe while at a friend’s house directly from her cook book; you can scan and copy a great family photograph from a relative. The possibilities are nearly limitless.
Here Are Some Specs:
- The Magic Wand is powered by two AA batteries.
- Supports a 32GB Micro SD card (sold separately), and a USB port as well.
- It will scan both color and monochromatic images, documents, magazines and more at both standard (300 x 300 dpi) and high resolution (600 x 600 dpi) JPEGs.
- It has a date and time setting.
- It features an LCD screen that gives you a scanning status display.
- It has a 3-minute automatic shut off to save your batteries.
- The overall size of the Magic Wand is about 10” x 1” x 1.2”. A carrying pouch is available as a separate purchase.
- Included Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software converts and exports your scanned files to your computer for editing and saving.
How it Works:
To use your Magic Wand, insert a Micro SD card in it for the memory, select your resolution, and simply roll the scanner over the item. You then hook the scanner up to your computer to save, print, or email the image.