- Audio & Video
The Logitech Harmony 650 Universal Remote Control Is The Answer To My Dreams...
The Best Universal Remote Control Under $100
We had one once. A universal remote control, that is. However, we could never make it work and we eventually abandoned it.
This weekend, I was very excited when I read in my local newspaper about the Logitech Harmony 650 and I wish that I could tell you that I love it. However, I cannot because at this point I am still only DREAMING about it.
I have, however, done some research and decided that the Logitech Harmony 650 Universal Remote Control is the answer to my dreams. And it seems that I am not alone for a bunch of home theatre, movie-loving, man-cave types out there also LOVE this simple little device.
On this page, you will find basic information about this universal remote control, which claims to conquer the world (or at least to conquer the collection of remote controls hanging around in your home theatre.) You will also find reviews by ordinary consumers like you and me and you will find reviews by the experts. Finally, you will find links to buy it, on sale and with FREE shipping, from Amazon if you decide that the Logitech Harmony 650 is the one you've been dreaming of.
It could be that a
universal remote control
is a real marriage saver...
Are Your Remote Controls Out of Control?
Let me set the scene...
You're all familiar with it. Three remote controls: one for the receiver, one for the television and one for the DVD player. YOU want to watch your favorite show. In order to do so, you have to figure out where the remote for the receiver is, where the remote for the television is and where the remote for the DVD player is. Is it under the sofa cushion this time or is it in the kitchen?
By the time you've located all three pieces, you're more than a bit frustrated.
You have a couple of choices. Forget about watching your movie, attach an electronic key finder to each remote control or buy a universal remote control.
Do you think it just a coincidence that the Logitech Harmony 650 remote control, which offers to tame your world, is called Harmony?
Are your remote controls out of control?
Basic Information About The Logitech Harmony 650
- The Logitech Harmony 650 will replace up to five of your remote controls, making it easier to use your home theatre.
- It will eliminate the overwhelming remote control clutter. I now have a decorative metal planter holding all of our remote controls. (When someone puts them away, that is.)
- The 650 supports more than 5,000 brands including components that you already have and components you may add in the future.
- Use simply your computer to set it up and you can access live customer support should that prove necessary.
- The 650 has a bright screen with your favorite channel icons and with instructions for easy navigation.
- It has programmable buttons to perform all of the steps required of a certain function like watching a DVD or a blu-ray disc. Imagine pressing just one button to watch a DVD. Imagine effortlessly turning on the t.v., receiver and DVD in one fell swoop.
The Most Impressive Thing About This Remote Control...
"Rather than repeating what is written in the marketing blurb, I will tell you the single most thing that impressed me about this remote. Instead of a complicated set-up requiring you to find and enter codes, to set this up, you connect it via a USB cable to your computer and then find and select your devices. ." ~ Space Queen
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Reviews By The Experts
- Logitech Harmony 650 Review by Digital Trends
"Logitech's least expensive universal remote lacks frills, but piles on value for basic home theater users. It's hard to hate the Harmony. It's even harder to hate the Harmony for under $100. Surprisingly at that price, the 650 still has the function
- Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control Review By Engadget
"Fewer products are more appropriately named than the Logitech Harmony series of smart remotes. They do wonderful things to take home entertainment systems, comprised of a disparate jumble of mismatched devices, and turn them into peaceful entities t
- Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control Reviews by CNET Reviews
Powerful universal remote with great ergonomics; color LCD screen surrounded by five contextual buttons; Web programmable via Windows or Mac PCs; excellent button layout and overall design; supports custom sequences/macros; sub-$100 price tag.
Buy Your Logitech Harmony 650 From Amazon
His and Her Reviews From Mr. and Mrs. Night Owl, Amazon Customer Reviewers
"Our TV and movie watching setup is complicated - or at least it was. There were all sorts of buttons to push and settings to change before the movie would play and all the home theater speakers would kick in. Now, I just push one button and that's all it takes."
~~ Mrs. Night Owl
"I am upset with myself for not acquiring a high-tech remote control a long time ago. I used to have 5 remotes on my ottoman but now there is only the Harmony 650. I will never go back to having more than one remote control. If you are in the market for a "smart" remote then stop hesitating and buy this one because you will love it."
~~ Mr. Night Owl