10 Tips for a Worry Free Journey While Travelling Abroad
Before embarking on a journey overseas, it is essential to see that everything is in order, in terms of Documents, Tickets, Money and so on.. If you happen to be travelling abroad for the first time, then the experience is one of thrill and worry.Thrilling because you are going abroad, worry because you will be in a new place away from familiar people and places.
Here are a few tips which if followed can reduce the confusion and enhance the experience of going to a new place.
1. Ensure that all the documents are in order. Passport and Visa ( if required) should be carried and must be valid for the duration of stay in that country.
2. Make a Photocopy of all documents and carry it separately, preferably in your suitcase,just in case you happen to misplace the originals or they get stolen.
3. Reconfirm your Tickets with the Carrier.While booking it is all-ways a good idea to see to it that you are on a flight that arrives at your destination in the daytime.This gives you time to familiarize yourself with the new surroundings.
4. Do not carry too much cash in your wallet. Just carry sufficient money for the journey.,preferably in the currency of the country you are going to. Any additional money can be carried by other means ,say an International Debit card.
5. Do some Preliminary research on the city you are going to, such as weather, local conveyance facilities, languages spoken and so on.
6. Carry sufficient clothing depending on the weather in your destination. Confirm with the carrier the Free Baggage Allowance and pack accordingly.Additional baggage entails paying additional charges ( excess baggage charge) to the carrier.
7. Before exiting the aircraft, see that all your belongings that you brought into the aircraft while boarding are with you. Do check the Seat pockets and seats for anything that may have slipped from your pockets.
8. Mark your luggage with a marker, so it makes it easy to locate your bags on the luggage carousel as and when it arrives.Most of the baggage look similar these days.
9. If you have someone picking you up at the destination, which would be ideal,if not, carefully select your mode of travel in the city.A lot of travelers end up getting cheated.
10.Once in your Apartment or Hotel Room see that you have all the luggage from the Cab/Taxi unloaded. Do recheck to see that nothing gets left behind in the taxi.
Now that you have safely made it, time to get to work, see the sights, enjoy local cuisine and generally make yourself at home.
At A Glance
Things to pack
Things to carry
Clothes, depending on the weather
Valid Travel documents
Medications if any
Tickets and Sufficient Money