12 Interesting Facts About Oregon
1. Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.
2. Crater Lake in Oregon is the deepest lake in the United States.
3. Oregon's state flag has a beaver on its reverse side. It is the only state flag to carry two different designs.
4. The Tillamook Cheese Factory is the largest cheese factory in the world.
5. Eugene, Oregon has been named as one of the top ten cycling communities in the United States.
6. Oregon's nickname is "The Beaver State."
7. Oregon has a city named Sisters and another called Brothers.
8. Oregon is the only state to have an official state nut, which is the hazelnut.
9. Portland, Oregon is known as the "City of Roses."
10. Oregon is the country's leading producer of Christmas trees.
11. Oregon's Carousel Museum contains the world’s largest collection of carousel horses.
12. Hells Canyon in Oregon is the deepest river gorge in North America.