20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Israel
1. Israel is one of the world’s most educated countries. Israel has the highest center of population with university degrees in the world
2. Israel has some of the world’s leading companies. Israel has the highest international listings on the NASDAQ than any other nation in the world
3. Israel air force has the most highly trained pilots in the world behind the U.S. Mainly because of the outstanding relationship with the US military they have trained extensively in US avionics
4. There are many types of governments in the Middle East. However, Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.
5. Israel's Maccabi basketball team won the European championships in 2001.It was the major basketball championship ever one by Israel. It got little coverage in Israel due to the fact basketball is not considered a national sport like soccer is.
6. Israel is the only country in the world to have a net gain in the number of trees it has in the country. This is due to the political nature of Israel and its commitment to replanting every tree that is removed for future generations
7. Israel has the highest percentage of high-tech companies per capa in the world. This is because of the high educational standards that Israel universities adhere to for their graduates.
8. Motorola was based in Israel and introduced the world to the first cell phone
9. The Dead Sea in Israel is the lowest point on land on earth at 1300Ft. below sea-level
10. The official language of Israel is Arabic and Hebrew. However, there is a large English speaking population because of the enormous influence in businesses they have around the world.
11. Israel is situated on only 1% of the entire landmass of the Middle East
12. Israel bank notes also include brail on them so that the blind can read them. No other country in the world contains brail on their bank notes
13. Everything in Israel has to be made in a certain Kosher manner even the glue on Israeli stamps is kosher
14. Israel is the largest purchaser of new books for citizens and schools in the world.
15. The Israel soccer team only qualified one time for the world cup finals in 1970
16. its 7.2 million people, 75.8 percent are Jews, 19.9 percent are Arabs (mostly Muslim) and the remaining 4.3 percent include Druze
17. Average life expectancy in Israel is over 84.6 years of age. This is due to the high quality of medical care that is provided to its citizens.
18. Israel is the only country in the world to have free trade agreements with the US, Mexico and Canada as well as the European Union and the European Free Trade Association, at the same time
19. Palm trees in Israel produce more coconuts than any other generation of palm trees in the world by almost 50%
20. Wine is a major issue in Israel with over 200 new winery’s being introduced every few years to help keep up with the demand for the product.