- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe»
- United Kingdom
20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Scotland
1. Scotland has a total of 800 islands and 130 of which are inhabited
2. The most famous lake in the world is located here the lake of loch ness
3. The loch ness monster is said to haunt the waters of the loch ness
4. Edinburgh, Scotland is famous for it regular international film festival
5. Scottish Parliament for 300 years had no parliament the first one since then was establish in 1999
6. The capitol of Scotland is Edinburgh, said to have been built on 7 hills
7. The official language of Scotland is English but some of the majority are bringing back Gaelic as the official language
8. Scotland invented the kilt.
9. The population of Scotland is around 7 million people
10. The leprechaun is an ancient Scotland folklore today people still go to find there pot of gold.
11. The oldest bar in Scotland is Scotia Bar on Stock well Street
12. Scotland is the second largest country in great Britain
13. Scottish surnames are divided in two main categories, namely Gaelic names and Germanic names
14. The world’s most famous drink from Scotland is Scotch whisky.
15. Edinburgh was the first city in the world to establish its own voluntary fire brigade
16. Television, telephone, video cassette recorder, finger printing, home of golf, tarmacadam, tires are penicillin were all Scottish inventions
17. The main sport in Scotland is Football followed by cricket
18. The Bank of Scotland is the oldest surviving bank in the world founded originally in 1695
19. Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland
20. The official Scotland animal is the unicorn
- Interesting Facts for Visitors to Scotland
The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh, one of Europe’s largest financial centres and the hub of the Scottish Enlightenment in the 18th century which transformed Scotland into one of the commercial, intellectual and industrial powerhouses of Europe. It
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...