20 Reasons Why Pittsburgh is Awesome
1. The Huffington Post has declared it the “in” city of 2012
2. Subs also known as Grinders
3. No Bake Cookies
4. Pot Boi aka Ham Pot Pie (Which isn’t really a pie at all)
5. Gobs (similar to moon pies, but homemade and a lot better)
6. Very friendly people.
7. Lots of things to do.
8. Movies filmed here. This year alone had The Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Perks of Being a Wild Flower, and One Shot. Lots of opportunities to be an extra in a movie!
9. Great and safe night clubs.
10. Fun festivals.
11. Great walking paths.
12. Pretty views.
13. Boat rides on the river.
14. Pittsburgh is resilient coming back from the downfall of the steel industry.
15. Downtown is vibrant and has energy about it that you will love.
16. The theatres like the Benedum and the O’Reily have awesome shows.
17. We got the Steelers.
18. Great museums.
19. Affordable housing.
20. Decent public transportation.
While I do not live within the confines of the city yet, I have visited there numerous times and I love it. Pittsburgh has such a vibrant energy about it that makes you feel alive. Pittsburgh is basically a city made up of neighborhoods, and you find new things at every turn. I love how kind the people are and the fun events they have there. I actually just got back from a weekend getaway there and we had a lot of fun. The Melting Pot was one restaurant we went to and all I’ve got to say is yum! Their fondue was delicious. I loved walking through station square and my boyfriend got his portrait done by a street sketch artist. Just walking the streets of Pittsburgh is entertainment in itself. Every turn brings a funky little boutique, bistro, museum, or theatre.
Pittsburgh also has inclined planes that workers once used to commute to and from work. I also love hearing the sounds of the trains going by, because it always reminds me of my home in Johnstown. Whenever night falls on Pittsburgh, the city lights emerge letting out a rainbow of colors on the skyline. If you ever have a chance, I recommend getting up somewhere high so you can view Pittsburgh in all its glory. The views at night are breath taking, and perfect for a romantic getaway.