Autumn in Ashe County, NC
Ashe County, a little piece of Heaven
Autumn is the perfect time of year to visit Ashe County. It's prime location in the mountains of north-western North Carolina means that everywhere you look, you'll experience the beauty of the changing leaves and cooling temperatures.
Plus the entire county is made up of 19 small towns with a total of just 25,000 people. So you're guaranteed to get some of that wonderful small town charm!
A few words about Ashe County....
"Nestled comfortably in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Ashe County experiences four distinct and beautiful seasons.Fall offers an unmatched patchwork of splendid autumn colors as well as comfortable temperatures that draw visitors from near and far. Natives and visitors alike relish the refreshing growth of spring and the long summer days where the cares and worries of today's fast paced life seem to drift away on the soft evening breeze. Fall offers an unmatched patchwork of splendid autumn colors as well as comfortable temperatures that draw visitors from near and far who come to see Ashe's natural magnificence. Our winters are mild and picturesque, touched with warm holiday cheer and pristine snowfalls, which gently blanket the land. Traditionally grounded in agriculture and manufacturing, Ashe County is populated with proud and hard working folks, who will go out of their way to help their neighbors, and who still value honesty and heritage.
I trust that when you find time to visit us, you'll find that Ashe is a serene place to visit, a safe and stable place to raise a young family, or a relaxed and intriguing home to adopt, in order to take advantage of that well deserved retirement."
~Warmest personal regards,
Also known as Christmas Tree County
No matter where you go in Ashe County, you're guaranteed to see one thing. Christmas Trees! We have over 22 Choose-and-Cut Christmas Tree Farms located in our small county (some spanning over 1000 acres !). I know. I know. If you visit Ashe County in the fall, it'll be too early for a Christmas Tree. But that just gives you a reason to come back in the winter!
- Mistletoe Meadows
Mistletoe Meadows prides itself on producing high-quality, dense, farm-grown Fraser Fir trees. We also produce White Pines, Spruce and Leyland cypress trees. In 2007, we were selected the Grand Champion Tree Grower by the National Christmas Tree Asso
- Reindeer Crossing Trees
Welcome to Reindeer Crossing Choose-and-Cut. We are a grower of premium Fraser Fir, Canaan Fir, White Pine and Concolor Fir. Our choose-and-cut farm specializes in helping you and your family find the perfect Christmas tree while spending special tim
- Mountain Advantage Christmas Tree Farm
Welcome to Mountain Advantage Christmas Tree Farm! We're glad you stopped by, and look forward to celebrating a happy holiday season with you this year. Whether you would like to visit our fields and choose your own Fraser Fir Christmas Tree or are p
A little about Ashe County
Did you know the Blue Ridge Parkway runs right through Ashe County? Yep. With just a short drive, you can enjoy scenery beyond your imagination.
More fun things to do in the autumn in Ashe County
- Try your luck with one of our many corn mazes.
- Go on a hay ride!
- Visit our farmers market held every Saturday and you're guaranteed to get the freshest fruits and vegetables.
- Take a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just make sure you stop at the many scenic overlooks. The view is amazing!
- Take a walk! West Jefferson's downtown area depicts several murals that create a walking tour. Plus it's a great chance to visit all the unique shops!
- From May to November 13, you can spend your Saturday nights at the Mountain Music Jamboree.
- Visit the Carolina's oldest cheese factory, Ashe County Cheese. You can actually watch the cheese being made!
- Spend a day fishing in one of the oldest rivers in North America, the New River. (kind of a funny name for such an old river)
- Play a round of golf at the Jefferson Landing mountain resort community.
- Pick out your perfect pumpkin at one of the dozens of local pumpkin patches.
A little more about the 'Walking Tour'
Important Sites For Ashe County
- Town of West Jefferson
West Jefferson is located in northwestern North Carolina among the Blue Ridge Mountains. The area the Town is located in is known for the New River, its spectacular views, and its beautiful Christmas Trees. The County of Ashe, where West Jefferson is
- Ashe County Chamber of Commerce
Welcome to the Ashe County Chamber of Commerce. This website is updated weekly for use as both a visitor guide and a business directory, this site is the perfect tool to assist you in achieving that special Ashe County experience. Within the pages of
- Ashe County Christmas Tree Association
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of north-western North Carolina, Ashe county is blessed with the optimal growing conditions for the premium of Christmas trees - The Fraser Fir! The Fraser Fir is the dominant tree grown in Ashe County. Fraser Firs
- Travel & Tourist Attractions in Ashe County NC
Blue Ridge Vacations Travel Guide lists Blue Ridge Mountains lodging & accommodations, attractions, shopping, restaurants, & services.
Don't be jealous. lol
This is the autumn view from my front porch. Isn't it just breathtaking?!
© 2010 Othercatt