- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States
55 Reasons to Love Florida
Mickey and Minnie Mouse - Disney World
The Sunshine State...
There are obviously many more than 55 reasons to love Florida. What's not to love about a state that's surrounded by the pristine waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico? Florida is a haven for beach lovers of all ages.
Florida is the hottest state in the Union! And I'm not just talking about the weather. The residents are some fine looking people. Why wouldn't we be? We could practically tan year-round, using sunscreen, of course. There are plenty of nature trails, beaches and parks to take long walks and keep in shape.
You can feel the love whether you live in the state, visited once or many times, you previously lived and moved away, or you've never been to Florida.
One way or another you surely heard of the Orange State. Florida is a mecca for palm trees, sandy white beaches, family vacations, honeymoons or retirees. A major bonus is that you don't have to move when you retire since you'll already be a resident.
Did you know that Florida is the only state with Southern and Northern Rednecks? I reckon, y'all know that now.
Chances are at least once in a lifetime the majority of you have been to Florida. If you ever leave Florida, don't be surprised when you come back. Florida is like a magnet, it attracts people from all over the world.
Have you ever been to Florida? If not, what are you waiting for? Add it to your bucket list and come enjoy some Florida sunshine...
Florida Sandhill Cranes
Florida has so much to offer...
I've lived in Florida since 1986 and I consider it home. When I transplanted to Orlando from Long Island and there was never a chance of me turning back.
Where else could you find a bear in your back yard? Where else could you drive a couple of miles from your home and have a chance to see cows, deer, alligators or sandhill cranes?
OK, maybe you could in other states, but Florida has the best weather. Granted you might not like the warm temperatures and the humidity, but I do.
Below I list 55 reasons to love Florida. If you have a few reasons I didn't mention please post yours in the comment section at this end of this article...
Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World
55 Reasons to love the Sunshine State
- Disney World - Seaworld - Epcot - Universal Orlando Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
- The Everglades which are about six inches under sea level
- Key West where Ernest Hemingway's novels were born
- No snow tires are ever required
- Cape Canaveral - Kennedy Space Center - Shuttle or rocket launches, if you are lucky enough you could view the take-offs from your front yard. I've been lucky
- Nascar - Daytona 500
- FSU Seminoles - UF Gators - UCF Knights - Miami Hurricanes College Football
- Miami Dolphins - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Football
- Ocala National Forest for hunting, camping, hiking
- John Travolta and Burt Reynolds call Florida home
- Horse Farms to pet, ride, race or visit
- Orange groves - lots of vitamin C
- Homestead tomatoes - rich in potassium
- Orlando Magic - Miami Heat NBA basketball
- Miami Beach - Palm Beach - Gulf Coast - plenty of pristine beaches
- Florida is surrounded by water, you'll never go thirsty
- Daytona Beach Bike Week
- University of Central Florida - 2nd largest college via enrollment
- Florida SUNSHINE
- Year round Yard Sales and Flea Markets
- Gator bites - The alligator is the state reptile, but they still taste like chicken
- Juan Ponce De Leon was once here, in 1513. Thank you Juan for discovering Florida
- Orange Blossom flowers
- Sabal Palmetto trees
- Strawberry - Corn Festivals
- Florida Sandhill Crane birds who stroll around my neighborhood daily and they like to shop yard sales (see photo)
- Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer live, work and play golf in Florida
- Palm trees are decorated for the Christmas holiday
- The Panhandle - Northwest FL area of lush greens and beautiful beaches
- Florida Manatees - large marine animals also known as sea cows
- Mount Dora is the highest point in the state with exquisite boutiques
- Waterparks are open year round
- Boy bands originated in Orlando
- Florida's residents are a hodgepodge of the other 49 states
- Has cities named Titusville and Kissimmee. Enough said.
- The Seminole Indians tribe resides here. In homes, not tepee's.
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- Tallahassee was the only confederate capital not captured by the Union Forces
- MLB Spring Training camps...Batter up!
- Country Superstar Tim McGraw was conceived in Jacksonville...Thanks Tug & Betty!
- Legoland Theme Park
- St Augustine is the nation's oldest city with the historic fort Castillo de San Marcos
- Silver Springs Ocala - Nature's Theme Park with glass bottomed boats
- Weeki Wachee Springs - Home of the World Famous Mermaids
- Surfing at Cocoa Beach
- Dolphins which are the state's saltwater mammal
- XL 106.7 (pop/rock music) and K92 FM (country music) are the best radio stations in Orlando
- The employees of Florida Hospital East Orlando
- Seasons: Long, warm summers, no fall, mild winters and splendid short springs
- Blue Springs - Wechiva Springs - Salt Springs - DeLeon Springs - Rock Springs
- Florida Panther which was chosen in 1982 by a vote of students throughout the state.
- You could drive east/west across the state from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf Coast in under 3 hours
- The only natural disasters we have are hurricanes and Casey Anthony!
- Country singers, Jake Owen - Tracy Lawrence and 1/2 of Florida Georgia Line hail from Florida
- Hot summer nights...flip-flops, shorts and tank tops
Now don't y'all want to visit Florida?
Country singer Jake Owen was born in Florida and grew up in Vero Beach.
Have you ever been to Florida?
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu