7 Interesting Facts About Washington D.C.
1. More Wine Is Consumed Per Person Than Any U.S. State!
I wonder where it ranks in number of people trying to get rid of hangovers on Saturday mornings!
2. National Mall In Washington D.C. Is Most Visited Mall In The Country!
In fact, it has been ranked as the 3rd most visited destination in country behind Times Square, and Las Vegas Strip. It houses attractions such as the Washington Monument, the National Art Gallery, and numerous memorials.
3. Nationals Park Is First Ever "Green Certified" Baseball Stadium
It features lots of environmentally-friendly elements. The building of the stadium also relied heavily on recycled materials.
4. Washington D.C.'s National Air and Space Museum Is One Of The Most Visited Museums In The World
It gets about 9 million visitors each year!
5. Washington D.C. Has The Nation's Highest Concentration of Lawyers Per Capita
Could this be related to the wine drinking statistic?
6. Washington D.C. Is A Rainier City Than Seattle!
It get on average about 39 inches of rain a year.
7. The DC Suburb of Wheaton Is Home To The Western Hemisphere's Longest Escalator!
It's located in the Metro Station and is a 500 foot-long ride!