Dirty Things People Do On The Airplane~
Is it really ignorance or some people are simply disgusting? Okay, you’re a first timer. You’ve never flown in your life before but that is not an excuse not to have good manners and right conduct in public. No excuse for being inconsiderate, particularly onboard an aircraft, in tight quarters with several hundred strangers around you. It’s incredible what people can do. They can make one puke (pardon me) and spoil a good mood.
And without remorse, people seriously do disgusting things inside the airplane.
Here's the Top Ten:
- Picking nose – Oh, how delightful it is to see a nice handsome cool guy on his trendy outfit only to catch him later having pleasure picking his nose like a 2 year old kid. Ah, that is just the most disgusting thing ever. I hope he didn’t slip or stick it under the seat or meal tray. Must have been an adventure for him but not cool. Not cool, at all!
- Clipping nails – I understand you accidentally flip your nail but if you must do, please get into the lavatory and cut your purplish rotten nails there specially if it is your toenails. Eww!
- Sticking gum on the meal tray – This is why Flight Attendants must wear gloves. Well, at least one of the filthiest reasons. Really, what’s with you and the habit of sticking gum anywhere you feel like?
- Digging earwax – I hear you said you had some irritations with your ears because of scuba diving in the great blue water of Honduras. But, I cannot dig much further as to why you have to do it on your seat with your eyes close and face like having an orgasm as you tickle and play with the cotton buds in and out of your ear. And, here I am just about to hand over your meal. Perfect timing! Would you like to have some French fries with that?
- Picking a scab or pimple – So, you’re bored and decided to check your face in that compact press powder mirror. The lack of sleep and dry air in the cabin makes your face dull. At the same time, the cluster of zits and plugged follicles on your chin are bothering you. You started popping them and satisfy yourself by letting pus run through. You dab it with Kleenex and put the contaminated tissue in the seat pocket in front of you. Nice. Good job! (read: sarcasm). And yes, I’ve seen this on board first hand with my two chinky eyes.
- Farting – Ah, it’s not unusual anymore that people belch out to their comfort in the aircraft. I guess, this is now part of the recycled air that we breathe at 38 thousand feet . *Sigh * This is no class even on first class. No surprise! But farting out loud down the aisle and act shocked as if you’re not the one? C’mon!
- Walking down the aisle to the lavatory barefoot – This is classic yet more of a personal choice. But, did you know what you are actually stepping in on the floor of the aircraft especially in the lavatory? No, you don’t want to know.
- Brushing hair to get rid of flakes – The scenario…mother brushing her child’s hair. I’d say, I can take that. But, the mommy brushing her hair down and shaking her head to get rid of the flakes? Ahm, no! That is nasty! To quickly groom yourself is probably acceptable but not the obvious juddering of your head to shake off flakes in the aircraft. Yuk!
- Changing dirty diaper on meal tray – Now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. The pull-down tray in front of you or the pull up, if it’s on your armrest is intended for your meal. So, you could enjoy your in-flight meals and drinks. It is not and you should not for any reason use it as changing table for your baby’s dirty diaper. There is a place for that called lavatory and it is equipped with the change table and wipes for your convenience.
- Getting a hand job under a blanket – Yes, you read it right! The ickiest! Need I say more? Well, some people have personal habits that would make a monkey blush. How curious it is!
This will certainly make a monkey blush! Sorry, I have to put those smileys there before the HP moderators get me. :)
Destination: Cayman Islands
More from CrisSp:
- Life As A Flight Attendant
A career as a Flight Attendant is very competitive and advancement takes more time. Well, this is because flight attendants mostly remain in their jobs for a longer period of time and simply because they love their job. So, what does it take to...
Just for Fun!
view quiz statistics
Seriously, I’m not kidding. Can we not be more mindful of the things that are conceivably not socially acceptable and basically just mind our manners?
I love my job, don’t get me wrong and anyone who’s flown with me could attest that I am very open minded and cheerful Flight Attendant. It’ll be silly of me to go bitching (again, pardon my French) about it and sap my energy. Sometimes, I’d take it in jest-a dirty one that is and quietly laugh it off with fellow flight attendants at the back galley. It’s kind of senseless but they are honestly annoying and disgusting.
So, grooming, hygiene and the customary mode of acting in public. What's your take?
My take? There is really nothing wrong with going about some of these grooming and hygienic business. If we can only be discreet in doing so. Problem is that discretion is only half a deal, maybe not even so. I’m very lenient but I believe there’s a time and place for everything. And, there are certainly some things that other people need not see you do.
I’d love to hear your views and experience on flying. I usually would love to hear good stories. This time though, I‘d like to know your hideous and ickiest in-flight tale. Please dare share in the comment box below. In exchange, I will send you some love from the sky. :)
...for reading my "swift satire of human pettiness and bestiality." ~
Copyright @CrisSp~TM/08-2013. Fearless but not Heartless!
Going viral without manners! Let's laugh it off!
© 2013 CrisSp