Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park: A Guide with Money Saving Tips
Rate Lake Winnepesaukah
Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park in Rossville, GA
For families living on a budget, planning a trip to a fun amusement park seems out of the question. Most popular theme parks usually charge between $50-$60 admission for one person and even more money just to park your car. At Lake Winnepesaukah, your family can enjoy a whole day of fun for half that price. And if that couldn't be any better, go ahead and add free parking in there too. So if you are looking for budget-friendly fun for the whole family, I suggest planning a fun summer trip to the historic Lake Winnepesaukah amusement park.
History of Lake Winnepesaukah
Lake Winnepesaukah, nicknamed Lake Winnie, is located right on the Georgia and Tennessee state lines. In fact, their address states Rossville, GA, but you will find their P.O. Box address in Chattanooga, TN. Opening in 1925, Lake Winnie has remained one of the most popular family amusement parks in the Southeast region. Many of the rides that first opened with the park are still fully functional today. With historic rides and the park layout surrounding a beautiful lake, it is easy to see the southern charm of this family oriented amusement park and to understand how it has kept it's popularity over the years.
Lake Winnepesaukah RidesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Amusement Park Rides at Lake Winnepesaukah
Even though Lake Winnie is much smaller than your typical well known amusement parks, the number of rides and attractions more than makes up for it. With almost 40 rides and attractions, this theme park will be a winner with every member of the family.
As you first walk inside the gates, you will notice plenty of kiddie rides to keep the little ones entertained for hours. The best part of the whole park is that all the kiddie rides are located in one designated area, so you are not walking miles with young kids in tow. In fact, most of our time was spent in this section of the park with our two boys who were 3 and 5 years old at the time of our visit. From the Bumble Bees to the Jumbo Elephants, my boys enjoyed each and every ride. A few of them were enjoyed several times over and over!
Scattered throughout Lake Winnepesaukah, you can also find many rides that the whole family can enjoy together. We rode the Carousel, drove Antique Cars, and crossed the lake in Paddle Boats. We also took a fun ride through The Wacky Factory and spent over an hour cooling off at the Stay and Play Hideaway, which is a large playground area with fun water play for the kids. If you plan to stop at this playground, it's a good idea to bring along a towel and extra set of clothes.
For older children and daring adults, there are many thrill rides that Lake Winnepesaukah has to offer. One of the oldest attractions, the Boat Chute, still remains my all time favorite ride. If you don't like getting wet, this ride is definitely not for you. My husband and I also took advantage of the grandparents keeping an eye on the kids and went on our own adventure on the Cannon Ball Roller Coaster and Pipeline Plunge. For a complete list of rides and attractions, refer to the below table.
Amusement Park Rides
Cannon Ball Roller Coaster
Stay and Play Hideaway
The Wacky Factory
Hours of Operation
- 2012 Season - April 6th to October 31st
- Days and Hours Vary by Week - Visit Lake Winnie for a complete 2012 calendar and to view a list of special concerts and events.
Ticket and Admission Prices for Lake Winnepesaukah
Here are the prices of admission per person for the 2012 season:
- Admission and unlimited rides - $26.00
- Children between 1-2 years - $10.00
- Adults 65 and older - $10.00
- Ticket package (includes admission and 14 ride tickets) - $18.00
- Additional tickets for rides - $1.00 each (rides take 2 to 5 tickets each)
- Unlimited ride tickets purchased online through the Lake Winnie website - $25.00
- Special rates for groups of 25 or more - Reserve online or call 1-877-LAKEWIN
A Video Tour of Lake Winnie
Lake Winnie Fun Facts Quiz
view quiz statistics
Lake Winnepesaukah Driving Directions
Money Saving Tips and Discount Days for Lake Winnepesaukah
As you can see from the prices above, Lake Winnepesaukah is a very budget-friendly amusement park for families living on limited funds. Other theme parks I have visited charge double the prices for admission and tack on an additional fee for parking. As if the already low prices weren't enough reason to visit, here are a few more ways to help you save money on your trip.
Money Saving Tips:
Pack a picnic lunch. You will find a huge pavilion with lots of picnic tables as soon as you enter the park. Big groups often have a catered lunch provided from the park, but you can usually find an available table which are first come, first served. You are allowed to leave and reenter the park as long as you are wearing your wristband or your hand has been stamped, so you can keep those coolers in the car to prevent hauling them around the park.
Purchase tickets online. You can save a dollar on each unlimited ride ticket if you preorder your tickets online. Preordering your tickets also saves you the trouble of waiting in the potential long lines at the admission gate.
Invite family and friends to go along with you. If you have more than 25 in your group, you can arrange for a special group rate which can help save money for everyone. You will have to call or go online to arrange this group rate with the park.
- Beginning each Thursday on May 3rd through August 9th, you may bring a Sunbeam bread wrapper to receive a $5.00 discount on an unlimited ride ticket. One wrapper per person is allowed so the average family of four can save an extra $20 per visit if everyone has a wrapper.
- Beginning each Friday on May 4th through August 10th, you may bring an empty or full can of any coke product to receive a BOGO deal. This deal allows you to buy one unlimited ride ticket at full price and one more at half off. One can for every two visitors is allowed so the average family of four can save an extra $26 per visit which equals a free unlimited ride ticket.
- Beginning the week of May 7th, the local area McDonald's restaurants will offer Lake Winnie coupons for $5 off an unlimited ride pass on designated family days. These days will be on Wednesdays and Fridays starting after the July 4th holiday. Again, this helps the average family of four to save $20 off admission if everyone has a coupon.
Amusement Park Poll
What is the most important factor you consider when visiting an amusement park?
Family Fun on a Budget
With Lake Winnepesaukah amusement park, you can find family fun even on a limited budget. By following some of the above money saving tips, you can easily plan a fun family trip for less than $100.
So if you will be visiting the Tennessee or Georgia area this summer, I encourage you to add this to your list of family activities. You will definitely get your money's worth and your whole family will love it!
I hope the above guide with valuable money savings tips has helped with planning a fun and inexpensive family trip to Lake Winnepesauka amusement park. If you have any comments or questions about this theme park, feel free to leave these in the comment section below. As their slogan says "Come On, Get Happy!" and visit Lake Winnie for a fun family activity this summer!
Amusement Park Guides
More Travel Ideas:
- How to Have Great Family Vacations - on a Budget!
Find tips and advice on ways to have a great family vacation on a budget. Includes money saving tips to help cut the costs of food, lodging, and travel expenses.
- A Mom's Guide to Planning a Road Trip with Kids
Need advice on planning a road trip with your kids? In this guide, you will find a list of what to pack, fun travel games to play in the car, and other useful tips to ensure a successful road trip with the kids.
- Bonnaroo Music Festival: A Lodging, Restaurant, and ...
Whether you are attending the Bonnaroo Music Festival or just stopping by for a visit, check out this handy guide to what hotels, restaurants, and stores are available in Manchester, TN.