Tourist Destination of Baguio City, Philippines
Places must visit
1. Burnham Park – is one of the famous place in Baguio City. It is a great place to have picnics with your family or friends. It’s also surrounded by pine trees. Buenham Park has Skating Rink, Children’s Playground, Picnic Grove, garden, man-made lake with rowboats.
2. Baguio Catholic Cathedral –it is located to the top of a hill in the heart of the city. The hill where the cathedral stands was called Kampo by Ibaloi people. It’s is also near in Burnharm Park and SM City Baguio. It is located nearby Session Road where the market/souveniers can buy. From Session Road it is accessible to pedestrians who ascended long concrete pedestrian. The hill where the Baguio Cathedral now stands was called Kampo by the Ibaloi people.
3. Mines View Park- is one of the most visited areas in Baguio City. It has spectacular and photographic view of Benguet's gold and copper mines and the Cordillera Mountains. Best time to go in Mines View Park should be earlier time (morning is better).
4. Botanical Garden- is also called the Igorot Village which features native huts typical of the Cordillera structure. You can take also a photo with Igorots. There’s also a man-made sculpture, it is made of cement and stone depicting the different rituals of the Cordillera tribes.
5. The Mansion – it is located at Leonard Wood Road. This mansion has a long list of Filipino Presidents and American governor-generals. And now, the Mansion is used for an official function and there is mini museum inside housing memorabilia from the past president.
6. Wright Park- it is located nearby at The Mansion. You can enjoy the horseback riding. Tall pine trees and decorative street lights line both sides of the access road beside the pool.
7. Teacher’s Camp – it is located also nearby in Leonard Wood Road, it surrounded also a pine trees and it has its own athletic oval where national athletes who compete in Olympic events are trained.
8. Lion’s Head – it will found at Kennon Road, you can take a souvenir photographs on this road.
THINGS MUST BRING
Any shoes, as long you are comfortable
Jacket/Longsleeve must better
It's good to be prepare, that place is really cold at night
Languages they spoken
It's not hard to communicate to those people who are living in Baguio City. They are approachable and known how to speak: English, Tagalog and Ibaloy.
BAGUIO CITY PRODUCT
Best product must try in Baguio City
- Fresh Strawberry. For preservative Strawberry Jam
- Fresh vegetables like lettuce, carrots, and other more
- Sundot kulangot "Coco Jelly" (it's cover by bamboo, and there's a sweet inside of it)
- Flower ( The flower was so great and beautiful, its bloom very well.)
- Jams, Peanut brittle, Ube haleya
- Home made Longanissa
- The common one is keychain.
Hours of Travel
Morning: Estimated time is 6 to 7 hours of travel
Night: Estimated time 5 to 6 hours of travel.