13 Best Places to take your Kids in Bangalore, India
If you are a visitor to Bangalore with your kids or staying in Bangalore with a family, you would like to take your kids for an enjoyable time on a weekend in this beautiful city.
13 Best places to take your kids in Bangalore, India
1. Lal Bag Garden: Most of the kids would love to spend their time in this botanical garden watching the glass house, plants, rose garden and other flowers, feeding the deer and rabbits, climbing the small hilltop temple, etc. They would also enjoy running and play around the vast area freely and look at the lakes. Flower shows are held here twice a year - one during Republic Day in January and the other one during Independence day in August.
2. Cubbon Park: There are several things to do here like visiting the Bal Bhavan and a journey in the toy train meandering around the park. They can also enjoy in the park playing. Apart from this, a Doll's Museum is another attraction and a mini park with swings, horse rides and tree houses. Children's films and stage plays are screened in the Vijayaranga Theatre here. There are open pavilions with terracotta roofs arranged in a crescent. Also, there is a clock tower and a lovely grassy amphitheatre. An Aquarium is also there in an octagonal building. It will be fascinating for the kids to see this underwater world. It is a freshwater Aquarium, exhibiting a variety of fishes.
Lalbagh Flower show
Amusement Parks in Bangalore
3. WonderLa: Wonderla is yet another place for the children to spend a wonderful holiday. It is the newest amusement Park where not only kids, others can also spend a wonderful time. Located on Bangalore-Mysore Road, it is ranked as India's biggest amusement park. Many water rides and the latest imported land rides are available here. The high-thrill rides include Maverick, Y-Scream, Drop Zone, Insanity etc. The little older children can enjoy with their parents a number of water-based amusements such as Wave Pools, Play Pools, Lazy River and a variety of Water Slides.
4. Neeladri Amusement Park: The children would love to spend a holiday in a fun-filled atmosphere here in the amusement Park. Set on a splendid 30 acres of land, Neeladri Amusement Park is the combination of an amusement park and a water park in the city. They can have fun in rides, games arcade, and in a Roman type amphitheatre. To satisfy their stomach and tasty buds, there are restaurants, ice cream parlours and chaat stalls in the Park.
5. Crazy Waters: This is a Water Park which provides the kids the right kind of thrill, splash and excitement to make their holiday fun filled. The kids can also have the opportunity to hire the swim costumes for rent to enjoy more fun.
6. Lumbini Gardens: Close of Hebbal Flyover, set in front of Nagavara Lake, the kids and the parents can enjoy the Wave Pool.
WonderLa, Children's Wonderland
National Park in Bangalore
7. Bannerghata National Park: It will be a fantastic experience for the kids to visit the zoo at Bannerghata National Park, which is just. 25 kms away from the city. They can have a glimpse of wild animals like bisons, lions, elephants and panthers in their natural habitat. They can also see the monkeys, the snake park, the museum, birds, cheetah and other wild animals in this beautiful park. If interested, a lion safari can also be arranged here with the park officials. A visit to the ancient temple of Champakadharmeswara built by the Hoysalas in the 12th century AD will be worth.
White Tiger at Bannerghatta Park
Museum in Bangalore
8. Vishweshwaraiah Industrial and Technological Museum.: This technological museum was established in memory of Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya. This building, with 4 floors, is located at one end of Cubbon Park. In each floors, scientific models and equipment are set. A Dinosaur Corner is also there. Children would love to visit this place and spend time there.
Dinosaur at Vishweshwaraiah Museum
Palaces in Bangalore
If your kids are interested in learning history you can take them to see the monuments of Bangalore like the palaces and fort.
9. Vidhana Soudha : This imposing building is the House of Legislative Chambers of the Karnataka State Government. The main entrance is overshadowed by the four headed lion,the symbol of Indian sovereignty.
10. Tipu Sultan Palace: The palace building houses a Museum, exhibiting artefact from the era of Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan. Near the Palace is the Fort, which helped them through several battles.
11. Bangalore Palace: Spread over an area of 430 acres, Bangalore Palace is located in the heart of the city.It was built by Chamaraja Wodeyar, Maharaja of Mysore in 1887, in Tudor style. The Palace flaunts turreted parapets, battlements, fortified towers and arches. The Bangalore Palace is famous for its elegantly carved wooden interiors. This unique edifice gives the feeling of a piece of England's architecture in Bangalore. It is useful for the kids to learn about the history of the State.
Lakes to visit in Bangalore
Bangalore is a leisure city for the kids enjoy in boating in lakes.
12. Ulsoor Lake: Located in the heart of the city, Ulsoor Lake is an old lake where kids and adults enjoy a leisure ride in the boat in the cool waters. For swimming also, it is a fantastic place.
13. Hessarghatta Lake: Being a fresh water lake, it supplies drinking water to the city. This is also home for several types of birds and the kids can enjoy a beautiful day here.