Best Water Parks in California
Here are some of the best water parks in California including raging waters, wild water adventure park, six flags hurricane harbor, great wolf lodge, knott's soak city and dry town water park. California water park provides plenty of entertainment including water slides, wave pool, lazy river, arcade, mini golf, thrill rides and children's play area. Feel free to post your experiences in the comment section below.
List of best water parks in California:
1. Raging waters water park:
Raging waters is one of the best water parks in California located in San Dimas. The water park features surf wool, fastest slides, floating river, kiddie slides, flumes, chutes and bowls in the area and four play area for kids. Other features include snack bar, changing rooms, lounge areas and free lifejackets. You can also rent cabanas. They charge $8 for a large locker with a $5 key deposit. Raging waters is a first water park in southern California. The water park is also located in Sacramento and San jose, California. Season pass is $59.99 per person. You can get raging waters discounts when you buy tickets online or at the southern California local grocery stores. Do not forget to vote your favorite water park at the end of the poll section below.
Water attractions in raging rivers water park:
- Dragons' den - Two person tube slide
- Neptune's fury - 600 foot long wild ride
- Vortex - Spiral body slides
- High extreme - It is a fastest ride about 30 miles per hour.
- Splash island - It is a family zone with slides and giant tipping bucket.
- Lily pads - water walk area
- Kid's kingdom - 30,000 square foot water playground and features slides and water falls.
2. Wild water adventure park:
It is an outdoor water park located in Clovis, California. The water park has tons of water activities such as lazy river, speed slides, tube slides, bowl slides, whirlpool, family pool, kiddie pool, wave pool and family rafting. Amenities include cabana rentals and gift shop. Adult admission price is $28 and children is $19. Season pass is also available. They charge $7 for single tube rental and $5 for parking. The park is open from june through september.
Water activities wild water adventure park:
- The adventure bay - It is a kids area with toy slides and some water activities.
- The blue wave - Largest wave pool in California.
- Splash pool - Loads with colorful sea creatures like octopus, calm shell, mushroom and shipwreck.
- Kings river - Four slides and racer mats
- The rapids and thunder falls - It offers single and 3 person tube slide.
- Ghost slider - Bowl ride
- Buccaneer landing - It is a kids zone
- Vortex and vertigo - Dark tube ride
- Olympic pool - Swimming pool
3. Six flags hurricane harbor:
Another best water park in California is Six flags hurricane harbor. It is an outdoor water park located in Santa Clarita and offers various slides such as speed slide, body slide, tube slide, bowl slide and family rafting. Other water activities include kiddie pool, lazy river and wave pool. Amenties include cabana rentals and gift shop. Adult admission price is $38, children is $28 and season pass is $48. They charge $15 for parking. You can get special discounts if you buy tickets online. Always check the six flags coupons at the local grocery store to save some money.
Water attractions in Six flags hurricane harbor water park:
- Tornado - Tube ride
- Lost temple rapids - 560 foot long family raft ride
- Castaway cove - It is a kids area with interactive games and slides.
4. Great wolf lodge:
California travel guide:
Great wolf lodge is a 100,000 square foot indoor water park and is located in Garden grove, California. The water park features whirlpool spas, funnel ride or water coaster, tube slides, body slides, kiddie slides, wave pool, four story tree house and lazy river. Other features include arcade with games and restaurants.
Water attractions in great wolf lodge resort:
- Fort mackenzie - It is tree house with water spray stations and giant tipping bucket.
- Raccoon lagoon - Kids zone
- Thunder bay - Outdoor pool
- Crooked creek - Lazy river
5. Knott's soak city water park:
Knott's soak city is a seasonal water park located in palm springs, California. The water park has various water activities such as wave pool, 13 water slides, lazy river and children's play area for kids. Other features include food, snacks and souvenir shops. The park is open from second week of march through end of september. Admission price for adults is $31 and children is $21.99. They charge $10 for lockers, parking for $15 and tube rentals for $6.
Water attractions in Knott's soak city water park:
- Pacific spin - Four person raft ride
- Sunset river - 600 foot long lazy river
- Gremmie lagoon - It has 2 kiddie slides and splash pool to enjoy.
- Kahuna beach house - Family funhouse with water slides, hose jets and water curtains.
- Tidal wave tower - 7 story high speed slides
- Pipeline point - Body slides
- Surf rider - 60 feet tall family raft ride
6. Dry town water park:
Dry town is a outdoor water park located in Palmdale, California. The water park has water slides, kiddie pool, tube slide, bowl slide and lazy river. Additional water park features include arcade, party rooms and gift shop. Season pass rate is $67 per person. The park is open from last week of may through september.