Corn Mazes in Canada
Autumn, or Fall, is one of my favorite times of year. The leaves begin to turn to beautiful orange, red, and golds. There is a crispness in the air that is refreshing. This makes the fall a great time for outdoor activities.
If you're looking for something fun to do, find a local corn maze! I recently wrote a hub about Corn Mazes locations in the United States and thought I'd share some Canadian locations too.
Who would enjoy a corn maze?
- Adults of any age out on a date
- Families with young children
- Families with teens
- Social groups and clubs
- Youth organizations
- Church groups
- Birthday parties
Perhaps you're not familiar with a corn maze. Corn mazes are simply mazes cut out in the middle of a cornfield. The designs can be simple to extremely intricate and complex. Many corn mazes are run by family farms and often provide lots of other activities in conjunction with the corn maze.
Other activities might include:
- Fall festivals
- Fruit and vegetable produce for sale
- Pumpkin patch or farm
- Corn cannons
- Petting zoos
- Halloween activities
- Haunted maze
- Arts and crafts
- Concessions selling home-baked seasonal foods
Corn Mazes in Canada
- Country Roads RV Park. Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2Z9
- Edmonton Cornmaze. Edmonton, AB T5R 2H4 (Their awesome 2009 design titled "Roar of the Rings" is posted on their website)
- Lacombe Corn Maze Lacombe, Alberta T4L 2N1
- Lethbridge Corn Maze Shaughnessy, AL TOK 2AO
- Chilliwack's Corn Maze West Chilliwack, BC V2P 4J4
- Cloverdale Produce Farm Market Surrey, BC V4P 0L2
- McNab's Corn Maze Ladysmith, BC
- The Bose Family Corn Maze Surrey, BC V3S 8E7
- Wild West Corn Maze Surrey BC
- Belmont Corn Maze Belmont, Ontario
Coopers Goat & Veggy Farm Zephyr, Ontario L0E 1T0 (Check out their website for their 2009 design and don't miss their Oct 3 Harvest Moon Maze where you can try navigating the maze by the light of the full moon!)
- Cricklewood Farm Brighton, Ontario K0K 1H0
- Ontario Maze, Ontario
- Round Ranch Elmvale, Ontario L0L 1PO
- Springridge Farms Milton, Ontario L9T
- The Thamesville Maize Thamesville, Ontario N0P 2K0
- A Maze In Corn Manitoba, Winnipeg
- Saskatchewan Corn Maze Saskatchew S4T 5P3
- Boontstra Farms Stonewall, MB R0C 2Z0
Deer Meadow Farms Manitoba Winnipeg
Tips for Visiting a Corn Maze
Tips for having a good time at a corn maze:
- Call ahead to make sure they are open and the last time they allow people to enter. Rather large mazes can take some time to complete and you want to allow enough time.
- Weather can make a huge difference in a corn maze. A farmer will not allow folks into his field if it's too muddy. Even if it hasn't rained where you are, doesn't mean it didn't rain where he is. Check ahead.
- No smoking...this should be common sense.
- Dress appropriately. Wear good walking shoes, no open-toed shoes. If it's cool, take a light jacket or sweater or dress in layers so that you can remove a layer along the way if you get too warm.
- Check online or in local newspapers for coupons, promotions, discounts, or group rates.
More Great Maze Links
- Corn Maze Crazy
The first of September always reminds me that fall is not far away. For those of us in Texas, that is a very much welcomed season. With summer temps soaring over 100 degrees many days, cooler temperatures...
- Corn Maze Directory - Home Page
The most comprehensive guide to over 600 corn mazes in the USA and Canada.
- The MAiZE Cornfield Maze Directory
- Get-In-Touch Map Corn Maze Directory for the U.S. and Canada
- KingCorn - The Corn Growers\' Guidebook - Corny Culture - Corn Mazes (Purdue University)
Links to corn field mazes throughout the U.S. and sites with information on designing and constructing corn field mazes.