Discount Flights to South America | Cheap Airline Tickets
Using a Travel Search Engine or Ticket Consolidator for Cheap Airline Tickets to South America
If you are looking for cheap airline tickets to South America one of the keys to your search is utilizing the fact that airlines fly to South America out of hubs. For example flights on American Airlines fly out of the American Airlines Dallas/Fort Worth hub as well as out of their Miami hub. To find the best priced discount flights to South America, use a travel search engine or ticket consolidator like Travelocity or Mobissimo and do searches for your destination using each of the hub cities.
You may not be looking for the cheapest
air flights. Some airlines are more comfortable
than others and flying to South America can be a long flight
depending on where you depart and how far south you are going. A
flight with American Airlines from Miami to Bogota, Colombia does not
take long at all. A flight to Santiago, Chile is another story.
Sometimes you may want to pay a little more to travel with your
preferred airline. Spirit Airlines have super cheap discount flights
to Peru and Colombia, but they really pack you into those airplanes.
To Aid You on the Long Journey
- Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com
- United Airlines - Airline Tickets, Airline Reservations, Flight Airfare
Airline tickets, airline reservations, flight airfare from United Airlines. Online reservations, airline ticket purchase, electronic tickets, flight search, fares and availability and more
- Continental Airlines - Airline Tickets, Vacations Packages, Travel Deals, and Company Information on
Continental Airline Ticket Reservation, Find all current Continental flight information online, check flight status or book an online airline ticket reservation.
- Delta Air Lines - Airline Tickets and Airfare to Worldwide Destinations
Airline tickets, flight schedules, and air travel deals to destinations worldwide at Delta.com.
- JetBlue | Airline Tickets, Flights, and Airfare
JetBlue Airways offers flights and tickets to more than 50 destinations, with accommodations such as free TV, free snacks, legroom and award winning service.
- Copa Airlines-Vuelos directos a Sudamrica, Centro Amrica y el Caribe
Vuele a Panam, Mxico, Colombia o Venezuela. Copa Airlines es la primera aerolnea de las Amricas. Conozca ms sobre nuestros incentivos de viaje y reserve directo para ahorrar dinero en sus vuelos internacionales.
- TACA Airlines Official Site | Flights, low airfares, hotels and car rentals
Winner of SKYTRAX Best Airline in Central America, Mexico & Caribbean Award. Flies to over 39 destinations across the Americas in brand new Airbus fleet
Airlines that fly to South America
You have a good choice of airlines, here is a list of the major airlines that fly to South America.
- American Airlines fly to a large number of cities in South America.
Flight depart out of their Dallas and Miami hubs. The majority are out of the Dallas / Fort Worth hub.
- United Airlines flights to South America depart out of their Washington (Dulles) hub in North Eastern US.
- Spirit Airlines have the cheapest flights, but only fly to Lima, Peru and Colombia out of their Fort Lauderdale hub.
- Continental Airlines have regular daily service to many South American cities out of two hubs. Houston and New York
- Delta have daily South American service with several routes all out of their Atlanta, Georgia hub.
- Jet Blue only fly to Bogota out of their Orlando, Florida hub.
- COPA is an airline out of Panama. All of their flights to South America are out of COPA's Panama City hub. COPA service the following US cities with flights to Panama from: Miami, Los Angeles, Houston, New York, Washington-Dulles and Orlando
- TACA is like Copa. It is a Central American Airline that services US cities and flies to South America through its San Salvador, El Salvador hub. I have flown with TACA a few times and they are one of my favorite airlines. They have good service and clean planes.
- Air Canada fly out of their Toronto hub to South America.
- LAN Airlines is the national airline of Chile. LAN Airlines main air hub is in Santiago, Chile. For US flights to South America, LAN's main hub in the USA is Miami. Note: LAN and TAM Airlines merged in 2010 but still fly under separate brand names.
- TAM Airlines is Brazil's national airline and completed a merger with LAN in 2010. TAM is Latin America's largest airline. TAM have a number of direct flights to South American destinations from the US.
Cheap Flights to South America through US Airline Hubs
Finding cheap flights to South America will be easier if you do searches for flights out of the hub cities I have listed. The hubs in Dallas, Houston and Atlanta in particular have many flights daily. In my experience you will find the cheapest flights through Spirit Airlines and their Fort Lauderdale hub. For example, they often have seat sales to Colombia for $49. However, they only fly to Colombia and Peru.
I am a fan of TACA airlines. Don't let the idea of stopping in El Salvador put you off. It is a very modern airport and you will be pleasantly surprised by how clean and organized the airport is in El Salvador. It sure beats most of the US airports I've passed through. I like TACA's service,every time I have flown with them, I have been happy.
To help with finding discount flights to South America, use a travel search engine like Mobissimo or Travelocity. To help you with flight routes to South America, I have put in links to the Airlines that fly to South America from the US or Canada. Good luck and happy travels.
List of Major US Airports for Flights to South America
City / State
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Logan International Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Greater Cincinnati Airport
Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport
Denver International Airport
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Las Vegas, NV
McCarran International Airport
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles International Airport
Miami International Airport
Minneapolis - Saint Paul International Airport
New York, NY
John F. Kennedy International Airport
New York, NY
Newark Liberty International Airport
Oakland International Airport
Orlando International Airport
Philadelphia International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Portland International Airport
Sacramento International Airport
Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake City International Airport
San Diego, CA
San Diego International Airport
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco International Airport
Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Tampa International Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport
Links to Airports Referenced in This Article
- dfwairport.com - Home
- Miami International Airport :: Miami-Dade County
Welcome to Miami International Airport (MIA) official website.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
This is the Official Web Site for the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Awarded the 2007 Air Carrier Airport Safety Award by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Southern Region Airports Division, FLL is one of the fastest g
- John F. Kennedy International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Dulles International Airport
- Houston Airport System
The Houston Airport System (HAS) is the fourth-largest airport system in the United States and the sixth-largest in the world.
Flights From Canada
Flights from Canada to South America are cheapest from Toronto, Canada. There are direct non-stop flights from Toronto to several destinations. However, for travellers searching for flights from Western Canada, South America is a destination that remains difficult to get to. The best flights are only one stop flights, many flights involve two flight connections.
Vancouver, Canada is the most popular departure city for flights in Western Canada. The discount flight guide Cheap Flights Vancouver guides travellers on airlines flying from Vancouver to Latin America.
Airline Ticket Prices to South American Cities From the USA
Reference prices obtained for Spring 2011 travel using the Travelocity Search Engine. These were the airline ticket prices after taxes and fee's.
Continental have a non-stop flight from Houston to Quito, Ecuador for $748. TACA have one-stop in their El Salvador hub for $608.
From New York City (JFK) COPA have a one-stop flight (Panama City) to Bogota, Colombia for $432.
Flights from Atlanta to Santiago, Chile. Delta have non-stop service for $1,266.
Spirit Airlines have flights from Fort Lauderdale to Cartagena, Colombia for $231.