Family Visa Requirements in Qatar 2012
Before the beginning of 2012, the requirements for Family Visit Visa in Qatar was revised. The revision was made to assure that the Expatriates in Qatar are eligible to support their family. The application for family visa change from labor department to immigration department. Additional fees are also introduce.
Before applying for Family Visa be sure to complete all the requirements because Immigration Department will decide if you are approved or rejected and you can reapply again after 6 months. When you go to Immigration department, check and bring all the requirements, all the papers you have to prove your eligibility to bring your family in Qatar. Go to Immigration Department at 8 am and not later than 10am even if the immigration are open from 8am to 1pm.
If you have a PRO(Public Relation Officer) or Mandoop, Ask them to apply the visa for you. They have higher chances of getting the approval and you will save your time going to immigration.
These new rules are applicable for new application of family visa and to those who have expired family visa outside Qatar. This is not required for those who already have their family visa and are currently staying in Qatar.
Madinat Khalifa Immigration Department
Where to apply for Family Visa
Before it was at Labor Department but now it is in Madinat Khalifa Immigration Department. The timings are 8am to 1pm and 4pm to 8pm, Sundays to Thursdays.
Bring 3 sets of photocopies and the original
- Salary Certificate from Company- It should be written in Arabic and address to Ministry of Immigration. The minimum salary requirement for family visa is QAR10,000 per month.
- Kahramaa- Bring photocopy and original Electricity and water billing statement, this will serve as the proof of address
- House Rent Contract Attested- This will be attested on Doha Municipality near HSBC. You need the following for attestation. Tenancy Contract 3 copies and original, your ID and the Owner ID, Authorization from owner, Title of the land and fill the application form which is available in Bahladiya.
- 6 months bank statement
- Your Passport
- Your Visa
- ID (Pataka)
- Your Educational Certificate
- Wife Passport
- Marriage Certificate
- Child Birth certificate
- Child Passport
Family Visa Fees
QAR 520 for wife yearly, QAR 120 for each companion and 1% of annual house rent. For Family visit visa QAR 200 per month.
Proof of Identity shall be
- Notarized and attested in your home country
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Qatar Embassy in your home country
- Ministry of foreign affairs in Doha.
For attestations in Qatar, bring your credit or debit card because they are not accepting cash payments, prepare QR 20 for each certificate. Attestations are done in Ministry of Foreign Affairs in C ring Road, near Gulf Cinema.
Difference between Family Visa and Family Visit Visa
Family Visa is also known as husband or father sponsor and have residence permit renewable yearly until the one who sponsor the family is eligible and have valid working visa in Qatar. Family visit visa is renewable monthly up to 6 months. If the person reach the maximum of 6 months, they should go back to their home country and can come back only after 3 months.
How long is the processing of Visa
If the visa was approved and accepted by the immigration, you can wait up to 3 days to verify on the their system. But if you are rejected you have to wait for 6 months to reapply again the family visa in immigration.
You can tract the status of your application on http://www.moi.gov.qa