- Travel and Places»
- Hotels, Lodging & Vacation Packages
Hotels Dot Com
This hub is about a popular little fellow who has traveled around the globe staying the night in all different types of hotels. Some of the hotels were very nice and fancy, while others had something to be desired. In this hub I won't attempt in anyway to be some type of hotel critic, but I will discuss some of the discoveries of the Traveling Gnome, which were rather interesting to say the very least. These discoveries included some very unique items which were accidentally left behind by hotel guest before his own stay.
Some of these items were probably intended on being picked up and taken out at the last moment as the hotel guest walked out of the door for the last time, however for whatever reason were accidentally left behind. Other items that were left behind are hard to even try to comprehend how the hotel guest could even function throughout their daily routine without them in their lives, much less even get out of the hotel parking lot without them. I remember I once left my favorite hair brush behind on a hotel table. I figured this out about one hundred miles down the road. I decided just to buy another hair brush later on and write off my losses.
Ten unique things left behind in hotels -
1. Phone chargers was number one on the list.
2. A full set of false teeth.
3. Car Keys. Now how do you even get out of the parking lot without your car keys?
4. Adult toys.
5. Business suits.
7. Underwear. I won't comment on this one!
8. Reading glasses.
9. Clothes, both dirty and clean.
10. House keys. Now you would think that when the hotel guest got home that they would figure this one out.
Another discovery that our little Traveling Gnome noticed was some of the interesting souvenirs that other hotel guest helped themselves to before finally checking out. The little bars of soap, and the tiny bottles of shampoo are understandable, but some of the other things are way out of line, and just plain old fashion steeling.
Ten things stolen from out of hotel rooms -
1. Plastic Kleenex dispensers. This item was number one on the hot item list.
2. Towels and wash cloths. Big surprise here!
3. Light bulbs.
4. soap trays.
5. Coffee dispensers.
6. Toilet paper.
7. Clothes hangers.
8. Remote controls along with their batteries. Now this item is believed to be by accident, however I don't really know how.
9. Soap trays.
10. Furniture. They had to have a truck for this one!
The origin of the traveling Gnome was first recorded in Australia back in the 1980s.The actual owner of this little Gnome was shocked one day when they discovered that their gnome had been stolen. A note was left behind which read - "Dear mum, couldn't stand the solitude any longer. Gone off to see the world. Don't be worried, I'll be back soon." Today, over 40 years later, the adventures of the traveling Gnome continue, and no one really knows where this little fellow is going to show up next. Someone has to be taking the photographs though, because the little Gnome is always in them? I hope you enjoyed this hub, and I hope someday the traveling Gnome finds his way back home again, because I'm sure he's truly missed by his owner, and just imagine all of the stories he has to tell now. I hope you've enjoyed this hub!!