- Travel and Places
How To Plan a Temecula Wine Tasting Tour
With over thirty wineries in Temecula, visiting all of them in one day would be impossible, or at least result in becoming inebriated. Visiting three or four in one day will give you enough time to spend at each, and enjoy the total wine experience.
Temecula Wine Country is beautiful, and many of the wineries offer grassy areas to picnic, restaurants and stores, as well as wine clubs you can join. Take time to browse, relax outdoors and taste the wines they have to offer.
Temecula wine tasting tours have become a popular daytrip destination in Southern California for couples, bachelorette parties, and groups. There are a number of wine tasting tour companies that offer chauffered tours for small and large groups.
- Temecula Map Guide - Temecula Wineries
- Temecula Wineries - Plan you wine tasting room tour
Information on wineries, vineyards and wine tasting in Temecula!
- Hart Family Winery - temecula
- Callaway Vineyards and Winery in the heart of Temecula Wine Country. Where the sun shines through th
Sample Callaway's handmade wines and savor the spectacular views from the hillsi
- Mount Palomar Winery
A fine wine estate dedicated to making wines of distinctive taste and high quality.
- The Official Inn at Churon Winery Website
A luxury, boutique hotel and winery
- Falkner Winery - Temecula CA Wineries
Award winning Temecula wine along with a very special dining experience.
- Temecula Wineries & Temecula Wine Country Vineyards | Ponte Family Estate Winery in Southern Cal
A unique winery market atmosphere, wine country cuisine dining at the Smokehouse Restaurant.
- Thornton Winery - Premium Wine Champagne from Temecula, Southern California
Award-winning and premium varietal wine.
Family estate vineyard and winery.
- California State Winery of the Year | South Coast Winery & Resort
Luxury winery resort and spa getaway. Restaurant and hotel among vineyards.
Tips For a Great Wine Tasting Tour
- Choose a designated driver, or hire a limo service or wine tasting tour company. Even though the tastings are small, the total amount you will drink at three or four wineries will amount to enough to put most people over the legal limit. You may also consider staying in a hotel. Rancho California Road, where most of the Temecula wineries are located, is a long stretch of road that is heavily patrolled by local police. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Drink water. One bottle of water at every winery will keep you from becoming dehydrated and more intoxicated by the wine.
- Eat lunch. Many of the wineries have beautiful patios, decks and lawns where you can relax over a great meal with friends. Some have restaurants as well. If you plan on dining at one of the winery cafes, make reservations in advance. If you are drinking wine with lunch, make sure it is from the winery where you are eating. It is considered rude to drink wine from another winery during a visit. It may also be illegal for the wineries to have open bottles of wine from other wineries on their property.
- Avoid cologne and perfume, they interfere with the wine tasting experience.
- Go through the tasting process: see, swirl and smell, slurp. Yes, it is acceptable to slurp your wine. This aerates the wine in your mouth and involves your sense of smell in the tasting.
- Don't finish the wines you don't like, pour them out. There will be a dump bucket at every tasting bar for this purpose.
- Don't finish all the wines you do like. It is tempting, but not necessary to finish every glass. You'll become less drunk and be able to visit more wineries if you taste the wines then pour out the rest.
- Eat the crackers or bread in between each tasting to refresh your palate.
- Have fun, ask questions and engage the wine server in conversation. They are very knowledgeable and excited about their wines and wineries, and are happy to share with you.
California Wine Clubs
Most Temecula wineries have membership wine clubs that ship selected bottles to members every month. Once you have finished your wine tasting tour, you may decide that you would like to join one of these clubs. Rather than revisiting the winery, you may be able to join on the winery's website, many of which are listed above.