Marina Bay Sands Skypark, Swimming on the Roof
From this hub, I’ll take you tour at the biggest hotel in Singapore. Marina Bay Sands is a great combination between luxury hotel, stunning views, amazing shopping experience, culinary delights, World-class entertainment, and exciting events. This building was developed by Las Vegas Sands and the project spent about S$8 billion.
Marina Sand hotels consists of three unique hotel towers crowned by the magnificent Sands SkyPark. This hotel consists about 2,500 rooms and suites, stunning views of the Marina bay, swimming pool, and the gardens. Shopping at the Marina Bays Sands gave the meaning to retail therapy. This place is officially opened on 17 February 2011 as the grand opening.
Marina Bay Sands main entrance lobby
Sands Skypark development is so unique and astonishing. Even so, the process is still complicated and requires high accuracy. Another place as the main attraction in Marina Bay Sand is an integrated resort Sands Expo and Convention Center. These places are located right in front of the hotel. Large meeting room has an area of 1.3 million square feet of convention and exhibition space. This place can accommodate more than 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. This building became the largest meeting room in Southeast Asia.
Here some beautiful attractions at Marina Bay Sands
- Another great point of views is two Crystal Pavilons as the shinning island of glass.
- Marina Bay Sands casino offer world-class gaming.
- The lion king as the world-renowned Broadway musicals. This performance was held in Sands Theater. This is the first Lion King musical which performed at South East Asia.
- Sand Expo and Convention Centre with over 120,000square meters consists 250 meeting rooms. It is very flexible configuration for every need.
- Spectacular Art installation. We can find this art work at Marina Bay Sand. Like: Drift by Antony Gormley, Rising Forest by Chongbin Zheng, Blue Reflection Facade With Light Entry Passage by James Carpenter, Wind Abror by Ned Kahn, and Wall Drawing, Artificial Rock by Zhan Wang, Tipping Wall by Ned Kahn, Rain Oculus by Ned Kahn. We can see these art installation in the video "The Making of Marina Bay Sands" below.
- Marina Bay Sands Skating Rink. This is a large skating area about 600-square meter rink. With the location at the Canal Level, near Rasapura Masters food court. With the entrance ticket about $7 per hour for adult and 6$ per hour for children (5 to 11 years old).
- For culinary lovers, don’t miss the delicious menu from the Sky restaurant. We can meet Justin Quek, a chef from Singapore. He is one of the seven flagship from celebrity chef like Daniel Boulud (New York), Guy Savoy (Paris), Santi Santamaria (Barcelona), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Mario Batali (New York), and Tatsuya Wakuda (Sidney) are ready to create culinary magic at Marina Bay Sands.
Marina Bay Sands in front of Merlion (the symbol of Singapore)
Marina Bay Sands at Night
Sampan Rides as one of fun attraction inside the Marina bay Sands. We can ride a wooden boat/sampan/gondola (Venice, Italy) along the canal at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. We can enjoy the blue-green water and feel the sensation of gently paddled by hand, just sit back and relax. We just pay $10 per person. The location of this attraction at canal level.
The Museum with amazing building design as the place for a showcase of innovative artistry. There are several activities like creative workshop and exhibitions. The creative workshop like: The Art Science of Letter Writing, Art Scientist Workshop. Another activity at this museum is Film screening.
Banyan Tree Spa
It’s time to relax, calm our mind, improve the circulation and enjoy the power healing by the luxurious spa experience. Banyan Tree Spa offers Asian therapies and a holistic approach for mental, physical and spiritual harmony. Just relax and enjoy the fragrances of natural herbs, spices and aromatic oils. The location of this spa at Hotel tower 1, level 55.
Skypark as the main attraction at Marina Bay Sands. Skypark is well known as the world's longest elevated swimming pool with the vanishing edge about 146 meters and 191 meters above the ground. This swimming pool contains 1424 cubic meters of water or 376,500 gallons water.
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands is a luxury shopping center that has retail space and dining area of 800,000 square feet. This is the best place to find famous brand. Such as: Bulgari, Gucci, Cartier, Chanel, Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, Prada, Bottega Veneta, Vacheron Constantin, ect. Or the new brand like: Paul & Joe, Scavia, MOISELLE, De Beers, Stefano Ricci, etc.
"Wonder Full", Southeast Asia's largest light and water show
This is amazing entertainment. It took place at Event Plaza at the promenade. With the duration about 13 – 15 minutes on Sunday to Thursday (8 pm and 9:30 pm) and Friday and Saturday (8 pm, 9:30 pm and 11 pm). We called this "Wonder Full". This is great combination between light, music and sound (orchestral soundtrack). This show using electric light and laser effects. Such as: LEDs, searchlights, interweaving lasers as visual effects, giant streaming water screens and video projectors. It’s totally free and good entertainment for the whole family. We can see the demonstration on the video below.
Let’s swim on the roof!
This is the main attraction at the Marina Bay Sands. Personally, I am amazed with the architectural wonders for this hotel. It’s like a big ship floats atop the three soaring Marina Bay Sands hotel towers over 200 meters in the sky. It’s so huge with the dimension about 12,400 square meters of space. It can host up to 3900 people. From the video and the picture, the swimming pool like without border. It looks so scary to swim over there. But believe me that it’s quite safe for us. This architecture is one of the largest gravity-defying cantilever in the world. From Sand SkyPark we see the landscape of Singapore from a height of 200 meters. Visitors can walk around the city saw Singapore through a 360-degree stunning and unforgettable through public observation deck. The view from this architectural masterpiece was very beautiful. Views of buildings in Singapore's skyscrapers can be seen perfectly. While on the other side, you can enjoy the view of South China Sea and the ship back and forth. The entrance fee to the Sand Sky Park is varied, for adults at S$19, children about S$13 (2-12 years) and S$16 for elderly (55 years and over).
In addition, we can also enjoy green gardens originating from 250 species of trees and 650 species of plants. Renowned architect Moshe Safdie explains why it should be built Sands SkyPark. "We still want a jogging track, swimming pool, and others. The government said that this country is a city park. Therefore, we created Sands Skypark, which represents the symbol of Singapore as a city park," he explained.