Places to go in Paris: Traveling With Kids
Places to go in Paris
So you've decided to travel to Paris, France. Congrats! It's a beautiful city that you'll love!
You're taking the kids? Great! They'll love it too. Just don't plan on seeing every one of the museums and monuments in the city, as Paris has more museums and monuments per square kilometer than any other location. Your kids are bound to get bored if you choose to drag them to all of the Parisian monuments.
Walk to wide boulevards and visit the hidden parks. They're open to the public, and you and you children are bound to find things to do there.
Make sure to breathe in all of the smells of Paris- the fresh pastries and bread. Don't forget to taste Paris while you're there.
Fun Places to Visit in Paris
When deciding where to go in Paris, make sure to look at your kid's interests and personalities.
Common places you would want to visit include:
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- The Louvre
- Eiffel Tower
You may consider visiting:
- Museum of Dolls- a museum that features French fashion from the 19th century to the present. The museum features a nice collection of porcelain dolls displaying fashion from different time periods.
- Pere-Lachaise Cemetery- this may be an interesting place to take your teenage children. The cemetary is the burial place for famous French painters, musicians, writers, and statesmen. Your teens may, also, be interested in seeing the resting site for Jim Morrison.
- Air and Space Museum- The museum features a decent collection of hot air balloons, early planes, and planes from WW2.
- Parc Asterix- This theme park may be the highlight of your trip to Paris, especially for the kids who are into comic books.
- Bois de Boulogne- 2,000 acres park that will allow your kids a break from touring the city.
- Ride the Carousels- The City of Lights has a number of carousels that younger kids would probably enjoy to ride. You can find carousels in Jardin Des Tuileries, Parc du Champ de Mars, the bottom of the hill of Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, and in the Luxembourg Gardens.
Ride the Metro- The metros of Paris, ride through long tunnels that meander up and down through hills. You'll run into the chamber orchestra playing, lone instrumentalist, and small groups of jazz players.
Batobus- Ride the water taxi while you sight- see all the great sights along the Seine.
Aquaboulevard- Most kids love to visit water parks when on vacation, so don't make Paris the exception. Visit the Aquaboulevard with its wave pool, pool slides, and its indoor swimming pools. The water park, also, has golf, tennis, and bowling, activities.
Paris is a city of food and shopping, so don't forget to take a break and enjoy the great foods and the French stores.