The Pros and Cons of Moving to Florida
Too hot or just right?
Florida is a place that some people hesitate to move to for a few reasons, but I decided to write a hub as to both the pros and cons of this wonderful state. The majority of people would say that Florida is a state that is good for vacationing, and vacationing only, however, here are some of the reasons why you SHOULD move down here.
- No snow to shovel; one of the best parts of living down here, and believe it or not, it DOES get cold during the winter, so hoodie weather does make an appearance! :)
- Your basically within a couple hours or less of any type of attraction that can be considered entertaining. I mean come on...who doesn't want to go to Holy Land!?
- Palm trees everywhere! I remember the first time I drove down here by myself; when I saw a palm tree for the first time I got so excited. First thing I thought was, I'm going to Disney World, even though I wasn't.
- Gotta love those legal Uturns in the middle of a highway/street so you don't have to drive 10 miles just to turn around!
- Snow Birds.....by far one of the worst parts of living here. You see the Qtip sticking above the drivers seat and you just know, I am not going faster than 35 in a 45 mph zone. Thank God for those dotted yellow lines!
- When it gets hot, it gets HOT. Florida in August will take a lot out of you whether you're here for vacation or living here. It's kind of a given though.
- Hurricane season...it rains almost every day for at least 20 mins, if not longer. It happens more the further south you go but there's really nothing you can do about it, except get a house not next to the beach.
These are just a few things that are either great or not so great about Florida. I've been here for 3 months and am moving to Jacksonville on August 1st so I have no real complaints yet. Anyway I hope this has helped in some way, shape or form.