Things to do in Chester, NJ
Things to Do in Chester, NJ
Some Cool Things To Do
Chester, NJ, is a quaint town in western Morris County where its Main Street is full of small shops. On weekends, the tourists take over the town. There is plenty to do in Chester, especially in the summer and fall. While in Chester, here’s a list of things I’d advise trying to do:
- Visit Alstede’s Farm on Route 24. Plenty to do for the entire family. Animals to pet, hay rides. Strawberry, peaches and apple picking, amusements, climbing haystacks, feeding the animals, pumpkin picking and corn maze (fall), ice cream, and plenty more….
- Dine on the porch of the Public House on Main Street. Very comfortable and relaxing in the summer.
- Visit the Cider Mill Farm on Hacklebarney Road. This is best known for its apple picking in the fall and they make cider right on the premise and you get to watch and get a lesson real-time. You must buy some of their apple cider. Inside, they have a mini-bakery full of unbelievably delicious apple things (cakes, pies, donuts, ….
- Riamede Farms – best known for its huge orchards for apple picking in the fall. Located on Oakdale Road.
- Mangles Candies – small candy shop on Route 206 where all the candies are homemade. They have recently opened up an addition out back where they serve ice cream all summer long.
- Pleasant Pools and Patio – a family run business located on Main Street. You can walk through their yard of pools and outdoor furniture or browse the store where they carry just about everything and anything!!
- Pleasant Pools and Country Christmas Shop – during the late fall and into winter, this pool shop transforms into a magical Country Christmas Store with trees, lights, decorations and the largest collection of villages in the area.
- Talyor’s Ice Cream – great place to cool down with a nice ice cream come. Located on Main Street.
- Dairy Queen – for those that are more traditional, our Dairy Queen on Main Street is usually jammed packed during the evenings in the summer.
- Redwoods – for some fine dining located on Main Street.
- The Lamplighter – another great place for lunch or dinner. Located on west Main Street on your way out to Chubb Park.
- Hike along the trails at the Grist Mill. First get a tour and demonstration of the county's oldest Grist Mill, then take a long walk along the marked trails along the Black River.