- Travel and Places
Top Things to do in Minneapolis
Minneapolis is home to numerous parks and lakes, all interconnected by biking, walking and driveway paths. These offer ample opportunity for activities such as swimming, boating, fishing, ice-skating and picnics. Some of the the top things to do in Minneapolis include attractions like the stone arch bridge, underwater aquarium and the Mall of America.
Top things to do in Minneapolis
1. Lake calhoun: Lake Calhoun is part of the chain of lakes and is a popular site for fishing, wind surfing, swimming, sailing, canoing, walking, jogging, biking and skating. Lake calhoun is one of the top attraction in Minneapolis.
2. Stone arch bridge: The Stone arch bridge built in 1883 and defines Minneapolis’ skyline. This structure is made of native granite and limestone measuring 2,100 feet in length across the mighty Mississippi.
3. Minneapolis institute of arts: The Minneapolis institute of arts, located just outside downtown Minneapolis. The art features an collection of nearly 100,000 items spanning 5,000 years of world history. Its collection includes paintings, photographs, architecture, decorative art and drawings.
4. Mall of America: Mall of america is one of the top things to do in Minneapolis as it is one of the largest enclosed shopping centers in the world, attracts more than 40 million visitors each year. The 4.2 million-square-foot mall has more than 500 stores, lots of restaurants and an enclosed amusement park.
5. Lyndale park rose garden: Lyndale Park Rose Garden is the second oldest public rose garden in the United States. It is located at 4124 roseway road in Minneapolis, MN. The park garden is a beautiful place to spend a morning or afternoon.
6. Underwater adventures aquarium: Underwater adventures aquarium is the world's largest underground aquarium in the world. This aquarium at the mall of america contains thousands of marine species, including sharks and stingrays.
7. Minneapolis sculpture garden: The Minneapolis sculpture garden is a magnificent 11-acre outdoor space, displaying nearly 40 permanent sculptures and several temporary pieces making it into the list of top things to do in Minneapolis.