Main Tourist Attractions in Kenya
Top Tourist Attraction Sites in Kenya
Kenya is a beautiful country that one would enjoy living in, traveling with the aim of sightseeing, and spending your holiday. Kenya, one of the East African countries has a favorable climate, a good environment, diverse wildlife, and friendly people making it the number one tourist attraction country in the world. The tourism industry is the major source of income followed by Agriculture. There are many tourist attractions features in this beautiful country.
Do not Miss the Wildebeest Migration
Tourism is Divided into Domestic and International
Domestic tourism involves the citizens who tour within their country; while international tourism is where tourist from other countries comes to visit Kenya. A lot needs to be done to improve domestic tourism which can bring in a significant income to the country. International tourism is the main source of income compared to domestic tourism. Of late, international tourism has been slightly affected by threats posed by Al- Shabaab terrorist group. However, this threat is being dealt with accordingly especially with the launch of KDF attacks on Somalia Al-Shabaab.
I Took This Photo at Nairobi City Park
You Can Visit Kenya for:
- Business Travel
- Wildlife Safari
- Beach Safari
- Adventure Safari
- Cultural Safari
- Eco Safari
- Sport Safari
- Golf Safari
- Birding Safari among others.
Part of Mt. Longonot
Tourists Attraction Features in Kenya
There are many attractive features and sites in Kenya that have made the Tourism sector set aside National Parks, Game Reserves, Museums, Archives, Historical Towns, best Safari beaches along the Indian Ocean and Animal Orphanages across the country. Just to mention but a few, these are some of the things that make Kenya a popular destination:
- Diverse wildlife made up of thousands of different kinds of animals, for instance, the big five (Elephant, Lion, Buffalo, Cheetah, and Rhino).
- Rivers, Lakes, Oceans, hot springs and geysers, waterfalls, and beautiful landscapes.
- Mountains, ranges, hills and the Great Rift Valley are the other sources of tourist attraction. For instance, Mt. Kenya, which is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, has a peak crowned with snow despite being in the equator. Mt. Longonot (protected by Mt. Longonot National Park), which was formed by volcanic activity, has a creator at the peak.
- Picnic sites within and outside Nairobi - for instance, Oloolua Nature Trail, Nairobi Arboretum, Nairobi City Park, Central Park, Uhuru Park, Ngong Hills and much more.
- The Seventh wonder of the world – to crown it all, you can time your holiday to coincide with the great wildebeest migration when over 1.3 million wildebeests are migrating from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to the greener pastures of the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya during July through to October.
A Curio Shop With all Kinds of Souvenirs
Good Infrastructure and Hotels With High Rating
Kenya is a fast-growing economy, which has good roads connecting most of the tourist attraction points. Superhighways have started emerging starting with the Thika Super Highway making it possible for the tourists to arrive at their intended destinations fast.
Lodges, Motels, and Hotels are also located near the tourist attraction sites. One does not worry about a place to eat, take a shower, be entertained by various communities who live in Kenya. Eventually, there will be a place to sleep soundly only perhaps to be awakened by a roaring lion in the distance, if not the giggles of a hyena. are also available. We have the best beachfront hotels in the Kenyan Coast right on the beach, with large cool rooms. Camping gears
All types of food are available from traditional dishes to modern foods. And if you leave Kenya without tasting the mouth-watering NyamaChoma delicacy (roasted meat), do not even bother telling people you were in Kenya for holiday.
Some Popular Destinations That You Can Visit:
- Maasai Mara Game Reserve
- Mt. Kenya - Conquer Mt. Kenya
- Amboseli – a land of giants
- Lake Nakuru – see millions of flamingoes
- Lamu – a peaceful tropical island
- Fort Jesus
- Hell’s Gate National Park
- Nairobi National Park
- Nairobi Animal Orphanage
- Samburu National Reserves and countless other places that will leave you dreaming about the wild African experience.
Make a Point of Touring Various Places and Even Countries
If you haven’t visited Kenya, for sure it is time to make arrangements for that. You will enjoy the visit. Many tourism firms will cater to all your needs as you visit Kenya. For Kenyans, you should also take a step forward and start visiting various parts of your country and for a moment escape the hustles of daily life. It will be an immense benefit both for you and the country.
When traveling, make sure you have all the necessary gears more so the ones to capture every moment of your tour.
Have you taken time to visit various parts of Kenya?
Wildebeest Migration - Crossing of the Mara River
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Patrick Kamau