- Travel and Places
- When packing carry-ons do not bring more than needed. I strongly suggest you take something that will fit under your seat as it a lot less effort when you want to get something.
- Don't pack lots of books in your carry on, It makes it so heavy.
- If you have room left in the carry on bag... Don't downsize; pack a pillow ( this only really applies long haul flights ) and a scarf/hoodie.
- Don't leave everything to the last minute. You will become very stressed out and it will simply make everything harder.
- When dealing with security always be polite and cooperative. You are more likely to be stopped if you are rude and aggressive. I know first hand that it can be difficult to stay polite when you have just come off a six hour flight but manners will always fare well when dealing with authorities.
- Always eat a lot before getting on a flight. I have found that in flight food can be disgusting ( with the exception of BA and AA) and you won't want to go 12 hour without eating.
- Always pack a pair of good headphones. If a baby starts crying and you are unable to acess headphones... Try and hold onto your sanity!
- Make sure all your electronic equipment is charged, and bring a charging lead as some planes have places to plug them in.
- If you are going to a hot country pack a pair of shorts a t-shirt and deodorant.This is especially important for if you have a long car drive.
- Whatever you do, don't rely solely on in flight entertainment. You will ultimately get bored.
- This one applies mainly to women. Don't wear excessive amounts of makeup. It will only make you feel grimy and ickey later on in the flight.
- Bring hand sanitiser, moisturiser and lip balm. Your skin can get very dry when flying.
I hope these were helpful!!!
from Niamhbells xxx