Treehouse Bed & Breakfasts, Hotels, and Resorts
Being from The Bronx, NY I don't recall ever spending time in a treehouse, but it sounds like fun. When I heard about treehouse hotels I thought, well, maybe I don't have to feel so deprived after all. Treehouse bed & breakfasts, hotels, and resorts or should I say, treesorts are great alternatives to a regular hotel. Kids will most certainly get a kick out of eating, sleeping, and playing in a treehouse. People don't often think about this very different alternative for vacation stays, short get-aways, group outings, company outings or even honeymooning. There is one thing you must not be and that is afraid of heights, but don't fear, there are treesorts that are not that high up in the trees so you may choose to be 15 feet off of the ground or lower, or 30 feet or more off of the ground. You must be adventurous and be willing to climb. If you have allergies make sure you can control them because you just can't walk away from all the foliage around you.
How to Build a Treehouse
Features and Amenities
I bet you are wondering by now how in the world do they function so high up in the trees - let's take a look at what some offer:
- Some function off the grid by using solar power systems. Some use electricity then there are some that use NO electricity, but use Tiki torches and candles.
- Some treehouse bed & breakfasts, hotels, and resorts are open year round and for periods of cold weather use propane heat.
- Some have private balconies and observation areas - these are great for bird watchers.
- Some treehouse bed & breakfasts, hotels, and resorts have several treehouses so to get to them there are suspension bridges or sky bridges guests use to get from one to the other. This is where you need to lose the "height fright."
- There are regular stairs to reach the treehouses, but there are also spiral stairs.
- Some have tubs or showers or a combination of both and yes, there are toilets.
- Some come with small refrigerators in the rooms.
- There are kitchens too.
- Some treehouse bed & breakfasts, hotels, and resorts are really in the Forrest and mosquito netting is standard.
- There is complimentary breakfasts.
- There are king and queen size beds along with bunkbeds and lofts for kids.
- Sorry, no pets for most.
- Sorry, no smoking either.
Treehouse bed & breakfasts, hotels, and resorts offer activities that are a little more off the beaten path than regular hotels.
- The Zip Line Courses are great. Can you imagine being 70 feet up in the trees and flying across the treetop canopies?
- Tree climbing takes some dexterity, but you can do it.
- The Tarzan Swing is not for the faint at heart.
- Relax at a Bonfire in the evening with the other hotel guests.
- Swim in the natural springs on the beautiful property.
You Will Treemendously Enjoy Your Stay
Want to find out more about these fabulous Treelightful destinations? Sign up for Treemail and receive Treevents, and remember, don't Bark up the wrong tree. LOL!
Check out these great Treehouse Bed & Breakfasts, Hotels, and Resorts
- Welcome to Treehouses.com
Out'n'About World Renouned Treehouse Treesort, Bed and Breakfast, Treehouse Construction, Outfitting. Also take a virtual tour.
- Cedar Creek Treehouse Home
Cedar Creek Treehouse provides unique lodging -- 50 feet off the ground -- for visitors to the Mt. Rainier area of Washington state.
- Treehouse Resorts and Rentals. Basic to Luxurious Treehouses. -- Odd Inns & Uncommodations
Imagine staying in a treehouse inn or resort for a weekend. Some treehouses are 50 feet in the air while some are just a few feet in the trees.