University Hospitals, Cleveland, Ohio
The University Hospitals of Cleveland — sometimes also referred to as UH Case Medical Center — is one of the largest medical centers in Cleveland, and a nationally ranked quality care provider.
Case Medical Center was first established as the primary hospital affiliate of Case Western Reserve University in 1896. Over the last 114 years, the not-for-profit University Hospitals has grown to include medical facilities of all types at over 150 locations throughout northern Ohio.
Through such well-regarded subsidiary facilities as MacDonald’s Women’s Hospital, the Ireland Cancer Center, and Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (ranked #2 nationally in neonatal care), UH has diversified its world-class medical services — both clinical and research — to a broadening range of specialties. These include not only women’s health, cancer and pediatrics, but also neurosurgery, oncology, cardiology, genetics, spine and orthopedics, among others.
UH continues to grow and expand within the urban confines of its eastern Cleveland, University Circle area, south of Euclid Avenue near Severance Hall. The medical center is also expanding outward, with many new and sophisticated facilities at suburban locations ringing Cleveland. Its ongoing Vision 2010 program will see upwards of $1 billion in medical facility investment.
A key component of Vision 2010 is the new UH Ahuja Medical Center rising on 53 acres of corporate campus land adjacent to Interstate 271 in Beachwood, Ohio. That facility will provide an eventual 600 beds of patient care, inpatient, outpatient, emergency and surgical services, and medical offices.
University Hospitals' core structures are interwoven into the urban fabric of Case Western Reserve University at University Circle.