- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States»
Family Vacation to Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada offers excitement to whoever sets foot on the Vegas Strip. There's so much to do and see, and only so much time to do it in.
This hub outlines a few of my favorite Las Vegas attractions. In 2008, I took a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada. I was twenty years old, and this trip left me with many fond memories. I went along with my parents who were visiting on business, and we stayed at the Mirage Hotel. I had been to Vegas once before, at age fourteen (and stayed at the Stratosphere), but the second trip was more memorable due to my older age, my newfound ability to try out the slot machines, and the fact that I had been there prior and was excited to see more that the city had to offer.
The Vegas Strip is is an exciting place that will capture the attention of all ages. The main attractions we visited during our trip are outlined in this hub. If you are planning a trip to Vegas in the future, be sure to check out some of these places.
Take the Las Vegas Monorail
- Las Vegas Monorail - Ride
Take the Monorail and see the Strip.
Explore the Vegas Strip
While in Vegas, be prepared to do a lot of walking! The streets will get congested, and it may feel like a herd of elephants is crossing the street at each corner, when the traffic stops and the pedestrians have their turn. Relax, and take in the sights.
- Grab a bite to eat.
- Do some shopping.
- See some of Vegas's entertainment.
- Explore nearby hotels, such as the Venetian or Caesars Palace. Each hotel has different things to offer.
If you get weary, hop on the reliable, climate-controlled Monorail! Cruise along the Las Vegas Strip and go from one end of the strip to the other, all in less than 15 minutes.
Visit Caesars Palace
Visit Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino and embrace the beauty in the spectacular architectural structures inside and outside of the hotel.
Since the hotel was constructed in 1966, Caesars Palace has become one of the world's most popular destination resorts.
Modernized design techniques have been implemented into Caesars Palace, and they have stayed current throughout the years.
The statue to the right is said to be the first emperor of Rome, Augustus Caesar, the nephew of Roman general and dictator, Julius Caesar.
Caesars Palace offers:
- The Forum Shops: People come just to see the Forum. Some of the most famous restaurants in the world are located in this venue. It's not just a mall but a destination spot.
- A Rome theme exists at Caesars. The store fronts were designed to offer a realistic ancient Rome feel to them.
- Look up! The ceilings above have been painted to resemble the sky.
- A beautiful set of winding stairs connects the various levels of Caesars Palace.
Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
As a Las Vegas Luxury Hotel, Caesars Palace offers the best rooms, impeccable service & spectacular entertainment.
Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden for Dolphin Habitat
The Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden for Dolphin Habitat is part of the Mirage hotel and is used for purposes of education and preservation of these exquisite animals. The animals are relaxed in their own environment which was modeled after their natural habitat.
Some of the animals seen at the Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden for Dolphin Habitat include:
- Black Panthers
- White Lions
- Golden Tigers
- White Tigers
- Bottlenose Dolphins
Information on the Secret Garden
- Welcome to Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat
Welcome to Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden where Royal White Tigers, Magical White Lions, panthers and leopards. The Dolphin Habitat is both an educational and research facility. Guided tours for the public are conducted throughout the day.
The Mirage Pool
The Mirage pool was once in the list of top ten pools by TripAdvisor. Various areas of the pool are available for relaxing, lounging, swimming and ordering beverages. The pool is very large, has a waterfall, and has the perfect water temperature for this hot, but non-humid climate.
- Pools - The Mirage Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
The Mirage is the ultimate Las Vegas hotel experience.
The Beatles at the Mirage
- The Beatles LOVE | Las Vegas Show at The Mirage | Cirque du Soleil
Celebrate the musical legacy of The Beatles through their timeless, original recordings.
2012 Vegas Performers
- Las Vegas Shows April 2012
Find info on upcoming Las Vegas concerts, sporting events, celebrity hosts & guest DJ's.
Prepare for a Las Vegas Vacation
Las Vegas Shows
A great part of visiting Las Vegas is seeing one of their shows. The Beatles LOVE show is currently celebrating their 5th year performing at the Mirage. This show is a Cirque du Soleil performance, intertwined with the musical legacy of The Beatles.
Many big names perform in Vegas. Here's a list of some of the celebrities who will be in Vegas in 2012, and the location they will be performing at.
- Tim Allen - Venetian Hotel
- Elton John - Venetian Hotel
- Rod Stewart - Caesars Palace
- Jay Leno - Mirage Hotel
- Jerry Seinfeld - Caesars Palace
- Weird Al Yankovic - Star of the Desert Arena
- Uncle Kracker - Orleans Hotel
- Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic - Thomas & Mack Center
- Lionel Richie - MGM Grand Hotel
- Ray Romano & Kevin James - Mirage Hotel
Plan a trip to Vegas
- Las Vegas Vacation Packages
Create the perfect Las Vegas vacation by comparing prices, reading reviews and finding great deals.
Visit Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada is a welcoming, entertaining, and memorable place to visit. With many sights to see, you may have to come back again to see it all. If you find yourself planning a Vegas Vacation, be sure to spend significant time on the Vegas Strip.
Be sure to...
- Check out the Secret Garden at the Mirage.
- Spend time poolside.
- See a Vegas show.
- Venture off the strip and check out the thrilling rides on top of the Stratosphere hotel.
Enjoy your stay!!!!! Viva Las Vegas!
© emilybee, 2011-2012. All Rights Reserved.
Free stuff to do in Las Vegas!
- Free Stuff To Do On The Strip In Las Vegas And Shhhh... A Secret Pizza Place
Free things to do on the strip in Las Vegas, and a shhhh, secret pizza place for great pizza at a reasonable price. Wonderful and entertaining attractions for the entire family that will not break the bank.