Travelling with toddlers. Part 2
Beach holidays with Toddlers
To enjoy a beach holiday with toddlers you will need to take into account a few points.
- 1) Always pack plenty of sunscreen. A high protection is a must. We use Garnier's for children 50+ it is water and sand resistant and protects from UVA and UVB rays. It also has vitamin E. You will need to remember to put the sunscreen at least every hour or two. Children's skin is very delicate. Also it is a good idea to keep your child under the shade of a big parasol wearing a t-shirt and a a beach hat.
- 2) Some toddlers still putting everything they can find in their mouth. If that is your case, take with you plenty of fresh water to rinse your child.
- 3) Invest in a cooler to keep drinks and snacks cool. Take with you plenty of drinking water or juices and dry biscuits, avoid chocolate and sticky snacks.
- 4) It is always a good idea to take with you a little paddling pool or a very big basin that you can feel up with water. That way you can put your child in the paddling pool and relax without having to run every five minutes to get another bucket of water for his games. Give your child a bucket and spade and it will keep her entertained for ages.
- 5) If you are planning to spend the whole day at the beach, you might also want to take with you a little child's tent so you can let your child have a sleep after lunch well protected from the sun.
- 6) Never leave your child alone at the shore. In some places the tides are very quick. And the sea can change very fast.
- 7) Beach holidays are fun for the whole family. It might sound like a lot of packing (sunscreens, parasols, spades and buckets, tents... and so on) But the more you plan it the better prepared you will be and the more you will enjoy it!!
Best family airlines
If you are travelling abroad it is always worth checking which ones are the best airlines that offer on-board amenities for enfants and toddlers.
Remember that under Twos travel free of charge if they do not take an extra sit. If you know what do airlines offer you can book as many of the services as possible (usually at no extra charge) to make your flight easier and less stressful.
Places to go with children
- In Spain: Costa del Sol with Children
Spain is a country well known for its family orientated way of life. If you have ever seen Spanish families travelling surely you have noticed that they bring along not only their children but also the...
- In France visit the French Castles
A 16th Century Chateau in one of the "most beautiful detours of France". A place to spend a whole day with your family admiring the architecture and decoration, following the live shows, having a picnic in the park of the Chateau and letting your ch
- In Italy, visit the Mediaeval town of Lucca
If France has its Carcassonne, Italy has nothing to envy with its mediaeval town of Lucca in Tuscany. We were travelling along the coast of Italy, when attracted by the word "mediaeval town" we decided to...