- Travel and Places»
- Travel Tips & Preparation
Visit Visa in Qatar | Requirements and Application
Are you interested to go and apply for visit visa in Doha? Qatar is one of the wealthiest country in the world today and has only 3% unemployment rate.
Qatar is a developing country and has many things to offer. Many people from different parts of the world are now going to Qatar to look for job opportunities.
If you are looking for jobs or you have relatives here in Qatar, you can try to visit first and see how things are going here and then you may decide to stay or back to your home country.
It's easy to convert visit visa to working visa. As long as you have found good job, you can ask your company to convert your visit visa to working visa and be a resident in Qatar.
Member of GCC Countries do not require Visa in entering Qatar. They are free to enter and exit the country anytime. Aside from the member of Gulf Countries, There is no visa requirement for those who are travelling by land but will continue the journey and going outside Qatar within 8 hours.
Member of Gulf Countries that do not need visa to enter Qatar
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Visa and Fees
This is a visa granted to those who wants to travel and see Qatar. They are granted for Two weeks stay which is renewable for two more weeks, total of 1 month stay in Qatar. It cost 50 riyals for each two weeks and 20 riyals for each companion. The visa will only be granted if there are two-way ticket on Qatar Airways, either the presence of immediate relatives in Qatar or booking at a hotel at an amount of QAR 5000 or its equivalent.
This is a visa granted for Two weeks and are renewable for two more weeks, total of 1 month. It cost 50 riyals for each two weeks. This visa is given by companies in Qatar.
Family Visit Visa
This is a visa given to those who have relatives in Qatar. This is initially given for 1 month stay and can be extended up to 6 months. It cost 200 riyals per month.
33 Countries who can have Visa on Arrival in Qatar
United States of America,United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, the Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino and Lichtenstein, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and South Korea.
Madinat Khalifa Immigration Department
Where to Apply
If you are going to process the visit visa for your friend, you can go to Immigration Department at Madinat Khalifa, but if you are outside Qatar and you do not belong to 33 countries and you want to have a visit visa, you can apply through a Tourist agency or Book from a Hotel in Qatar for 48 hours.
Requirements for Visa Approval for Other Countries
- A letter of invitation or a tourist agency to authorize and process your visa.
- Letter of invitation from someone who is legally living or working in Qatar.
- Hotel booking in Qatar if you are going to stay or have sight seeing for 48 hours.
Entering Qatar Requirements After Visa Approval
- Valid passport
- The passport must be valid for at least six months
- 2 color passport-size photographs (2" x 2").
- Company letter (for Business Visa) or an invitation letter (for Tourist Visa) explaining the reason for the entry
The processing of visa usually finish after 3 days, you can check the visa status athttp://www.moi.gov.qa
My Personal Travel Advices
- July and August is the hottest temperature in Qatar for about 45 to 50 degree Celsius
- You can take Taxi or rent a car for only QR 1800 per month
- Fully Furnished Flats are Available from QR 5000 per month, Just buy Pillow and Bed Sheet.
- Restaurants are everywhere and very affordable.
- The exchange rate is always 3.65 QAR/USD