See how $500 goes a long way in St. Barths, Budapest and New Orleans
The beautiful paradise island of St. Barths is in its peak season and is hotter than ever. St. Barths is a chic travel destination that is waiting be be explored. It is busy during the winter months due to travelers vacationing and enjoying its beautiful oasis. New restaurants and lounges are opening up in the main town of Gustavia. On the waterfront of this mainland in St. Barths the islanders prepare for another busy winter.
In the city of steam baths and spas, Budapest stands out. The city of Budapest is best known for it's spas and abundant steam baths. Even when it's chilly outside, in this beautiful city, you can count on a nice hot steam bath. During Christmas in Budapest, pay a visit to Vorosmarty Squad and try traditional Hungarian food. Hungarian food consists of stuffed cabbage and sugar or walnut coated pastries called (Kurtos Kaldes).
In a city that's famous for its cajun food, jazz and street carnival Mardi Gras, New Orleans rings a bell. During the last four years, New Orleans has made it's mark around the United States as an art destination. The biennial, Prospect 2 is in it's second year. It is the largest biennial of its kind in international contemporary art.
Five hundred dollars in St. Barths, Budapest and New Orleans will buy you the following fifteen (15) travel luxuries:
- Receive tickets for seven friends or family members and dine at Bonito St. Barth where you will be served sauteed foie gras scallops. This is a French Latin style beach house restaurant with a bar. The restaurant has a cheviche bar that changes daily with intimate water views. ilovebonito.com
- You receive one complimentary massage using natural ingredients. British designer, Anya Hindmarch has included a limited edition tote for guests. The tote was created exclusively for Le Sereno . The new hotel has an indoor outdoor spa that is serene. lesereno.com.
- Break open two bottles of champagne please! The just opened Voyageur Lounge is located at the popular Le Yacht Club. This is a very stylish lounge. It has an exclusive clientele base and is the new hot spot in town. 590-690/751-013.
- Enjoy a one night stay with a garden view room at the Hotel Guanahani and Spa . One of the suites includes custom leather furniture and access to a private beach. From the enormous oceanfront terrace, the view is immacculate! leguanahani.com.
- Have a subtle night in Gustavia with two bottles of light amber rum. The old artisanal rum purveyor R. St. Barth has been stored for seven months in Gustavia. Former Manchester United soccer player, Mikael Silvestre owns this sleek shop. rhumstbarth.com.
- At the Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest , where the rooms have clould like floating canopy beds, you will stay for two nights with breakfast included. The boutique style hotel has 50 rooms and opened in August 2011. The Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest is within walking distance from the Danube River. This is a historical site! iberostar.com.
- No need to choose when you can get a Joan of Arc leather shoulderpiece printed silk dress at Ourstyle Boutique pop-up store . Hungarian designer, Dora Mojzes designed the Roman inspired printed silk dress. Pick-up your chic silk dress until January 2012, at Mammut department store in buda. ourstyle.hu.
- Enjoy a day long class for four to "Hungary in Depth". Receive four tickets to see the country's notable wine culture and its precious grapes. Pay a visit to the Central European Wine Institute . It is quite impressive! cewi.hu.
- To see the show of waifish bohemians and dream like creatures get your fourteen tickets to the November 18th opening of Budapest born painter, Rita Ackermann. At the Ludwig Museum , there are other ominous looking creatures. Receive her new monograph and get six copies. ludwigmuseum.hu.
- Dinner for 12 at MAK! A Hungarian-Basque chic bistro. This Hungarian bistro is laid back and hopping. It has a 19th century flair and plenty of Magyar pintxo style small plates to feed twelve mangalitsa pork. makbistro.hu.
- It's time to celebrate with five bottles of Maison Bouachon Chateauneuf du Pape! Bring us five Lillet aperitifs from Patrick's Bar Vin . This is a four month old wine bar in the French Quarter. Very stylish and sophisticated!
- Be on the special guest list and receive royal treatment to the 2nd annual New Orleans art biennial. It comes with special access to Prospect 2 through three custom VIP packages. One of French artist, Sophie Calle's most notable inspirations is an installation in an 1850s Jackson Square home. prospectneworleans.org.
- At hotelier Klaus Ortlieb's the Hotel Modern , you will stay on the top floor of the executive suite for one night. At Tamarind, the French Vietnamese restaurant will be serving dinner for two! In the cocktail lounge Bellocq, there are live burlesque shows. thehotelmodern.com.
- Have room for nine at the Rue 127 in Mid City? This one year old establishment is serving up cocktails with Grand Marnier! Great American bistro fare served up by Chef Ray Gruezke at Nola's. Hungry, would you like a New York strip or bone in ribeye? Simmered to perfection in brandy with peppercorns. rue127.com.
- Time to shop, were off to get sized for two tailor made cottontwill suits. I would like Vernon to display one Obey leather wallet! In the Garden District there is a new clothing store that sells it on line. There are local designers such as John Varvatos and other notables. vernonclothing.com.