What makes Morgan Hill the perfect home?
Morgan Hill, California is home to nearly 40,000 residents and is the place to be in the south Bay Area. This peaceful, beautiful town offers an escape from the busy cities such as San Jose yet has everything you need within its borders. Whether it's shopping with friends or going out for a family dinner, Morgan Hill either has it or is close by. There are no words that can capture the true feeling of living in Morgan Hill, but here are some reasons why we love living here:
Morgan Hill California Poll
How much do you like Morgan Hill?
Morgan Hill's downtown is small but charming. Stores for all types of necessities border the historic Monterey Road for miles. From the Music Tree to Booksmart on 2nd Street, there's something for everyone.
Every year, the city improves its roads and gardens and downtown gets prettier every year! Public squares and gardens are great for family walks or relaxing with friends.
The best part of downtown Morgan Hill is its choice of restaurants. For breakfast, lunch, or dinner there is a restaurant ready to offer its fine cuisine. The legendary Trail Dust known throughout the Bay Area is a steakhouse dedicated to cooking the best barbecue you can find. Or you can head over the Sinoloa's, the busiest restaurant in town that serves delicious Mexican food with its own additions. For a complete list of Morgan Hill's restaurants, click here!
What to do in Morgan Hill, California?
- Morgan Hill Aquatic Center (Biggest in South Bay Area)
- Morgan Hill Community Center
- Cinelux Movie Theaters
- Morgan Hill Bowl
- Friday Night Music
- Coyote Bird Walk
- Centennial Recreation Center (YMCA)
- Community Park
- Visit the landmark of Morgan Hill, El Toro
- Farmer's Market
- Coyote Creek Golf Club
- Boating on Anderson Lake
- Visit Henry Coe State Park, the largest State Park in California
- Wings of History Air Museum
Location and Seclusion
Morgan Hill is located between Gilroy and San Jose. A member of the Santa Clara County, it is a short distance from the heart of Silicon Valley and the rest of the Bay Area.
Morgan Hill is unfortunately overshadowed by its sibling cities, Gilroy and San Jose. However, it is home to nearly 40,000 people and is large enough to feel like you're not alone, but small enough to be able to kick back and relax in a secluded valley.
What's great about Morgan Hill is that it's just outside of larger cities full of other activities! Within 20 minutes car drive, you can be at Oakridge Mall in San Jose or at the Gilroy Outlets. A 45-minute car ride will get you to the world renowned Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! The city of San Francisco is an hour away and there's an unlimited number of things to do between The City and Morgan Hill!
Morgan Hill is perfect to raise a family in a safe and secure environment. Close to the job opportunities in the heart of Silicon Valley and far away enough to get away from the city madness, Morgan Hill is the ideal family town.
Residents love it here because Morgan Hill offers a life of simplicity in a world full of work, stress, and responsibilities. Coming home from a hard day of work, one can sit down, drink a glass of ice cold water and bask in the Morgan Hill sunlight surrounded by California's nature.
Cool Morgan Hill Facts
1. Founded: 1906
2. Population: 36,000+
3. 10,080 are 18 years of age & younger 3,240 are 65+
4. Morgan Hill encompasses 12 sq. miles in south Santa Clara County.
5. Our average citizen's age is 36.8,and that person spends an average of 29 minutes commuting to work.
6. 51% of our population is female.
7. 64% of our households are are married.
8. 73% of our households own two or more vehicles.
9. The median income of households in Morgan Hill - $99,243.
10. Poppy Jasper, a precious gemstone, is unique to Morgan Hill.
How well do you know Morgan Hill?view quiz statistics
- City of Morgan Hill, CA - Official Website
Official Website for the City of Morgan Hill
- MorganHillTimes.com of Morgan Hill California
Morgan Hill Newspaper
- Your Morgan Hill - Morgan Hill, CA
Information for the residents of Morgan Hill