- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- United States»
Ready For Some Las Vegas Fun?
The first time I actually went to have some Las Vegas fun I was underage. I wanted to partake in some of that Las Vegas excitement when I was only 20. I went there with a friend on my first ever vacation and from that point on I was hooked.
I have made numerous trips to Las Vegas since that first trip and have watched Vegas change with the times. I have seen old casinos get demolished and have seen new ones towering in the skyline. I have traveled to many places but Las Vegas remains my favorite. There is something about the gambling, the atmosphere and the sites that makes me anticipate my next trip. From the moment I step off that plane, I am ready for some action and plain old Las Vegas fun.
Las Vegas Fun Beyond Gambling
I'm going to be honest with you. My favorite thing to do in Las Vegas is gamble. I love playing blackjack, craps, Texas Holdem and you can throw in a few slot machines but with that part aside I have also done all the fun things to do in Vegas at one time or another that doesn't involve gambling.
Casinos want people to gamble. The build elaborate productions to bring in tourists in hopes that they spend their money gambling in their casino. Its a marketing ploy and it works, so the casinos build bigger and better in order to a share of the gambling dollar.
Casino/Hotel Attractions Not To Be Missed:
- Mirage Exhibit - View Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat..
- Mirage Volacano - Erupts periodically throughout the evening.
- Fremont Street Experience - Downtown Vegas overhead light show.
- Bellagio - Dancing Fountain show synchronized to music
- Caesar's Palace - The Forum shops and statue show.
- Paris - Inside of casino looks like an outside street in Paris. Take a trip to the top of the Eifel Tower.
- Venetian - Take a gondola ride.
- Stratosphere - Heart stopping rides on the top of the tower.
- Treasure Island - Pirate show nightly.
- Sam's Town - Cook wildlife show with lasers.
- Circus Circus - A circus show goes on while your gambling including trapeze.
- Rio - Masquerade Village "Show In The Sky" is a show that is in the air based on a Mardi Gras theme.
Las Vegas Fun
Las Vegas Fun Buffet Style - My Top Five
Las Vegas buffets are still a big attraction for the typical Las Vegas tourist. Thought not as cheap as they once were, the buffet food has improved immensely. My favorite buffets in Las Vegas are:
1. The Main Street Station Seafood Buffet - This buffet is located in the downtown area of Las Vegas. The buffet is good at all times but on Friday nights it offers a huge selection of seafood including such favorites as crablegs, clams and shrimp. Best buffet for your buck.
2. The Buffet at the Bellagio - I had heard a lot about this buffet and everything I heard was right. This buffet is an outstanding collection of upscale foods. Pricy but worth it.
3. The Mirage Buffet - This buffet is a longstanding favorite of mine. Food is excellent quality with a good price.
4. The Carnival World Buffet at the Rio - This is a great buffet and one of the first to have separate stations for themes such as Italian, Chinese, American, Mexican, etc. They also have a seafood buffet that is supposed to be a seafood extravaganza but I have never ate at that buffet.
5. Le Village Buffet at Paris - This is an extraordinary buffet with really fresh food in a setting of a French cafe.
Largest Buffet In Vegas
Las Vegas Fun and Nightlife
People line up to get into the top Las Vegas Nightclubs for some hot music and wild dancing. Here are a few of the top nightclubs for Las Vegas fun but this is from other people's recommendations as I stick to gambling at night. But I have seen the lines in person if that counts.
Pure Nightclub - Located in Caesar's Palace.
Voodoo Lounge - Located at the top of the Rio. I have been here and the views are outstanding.
Rain Las Vegas - Located in the Palms.
LAX - Located inside the Luxor.
Studio 54 - Located in the MGM Grand.
Las Vegas Fun For Kids
Las Vegas for kids? I've done it. Some years ago Vegas was promoted as a family fun place especially around the time when Vegas Vacation was in the movie theatres. Since I love Vegas so much we had to take the kids there. Here are sum of the places kids can go for Las Vegas fun:
Excaliber Hotel Fantasy Faire Midway - Games and attractions in the lower level for kids.
Circus Circus Midway - A carnival midway is happening with games and circus acts are performed right above you.
GameWorks Arcade - The family arcade is huge and is located next to the MGM Grand.
Las Vegas Fun For Shoppers
If you're a shopper then you're going to have a great time in Vegas. Its a shoppers delight in the middle of gambling heaven. Here are some of the best shopping areas:
- Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood - Stores for everyone. There is a laser show at the south entrance.
- Fashion Show Mall - Upscale stores featuring a lot of boutiques and chain stores. The mall is easy to navigate and has a retractable runways for featured fashion shows.
- The Forum Shops at Ceasar's Palace - The best selection of shops with the most specialty shops in Vegas. There are plenty of things to look at here.
More Las Vegas Fun
All the casinos in Vegas offer gambling after all that's what the city is based on. You can play any number of casino table games and exciting slot machines. That's what I like best about Vegas but there are so many things to satisfy anyone's appetite for fun.
Its interesting that a lot of people say they don't want to go to Vegas because they don't like to gamble but Vegas is so much more than gambling. It is an experience not to be missed. Everything new in Vegas keeps getting bigger, brighter and bolder than what was before. If you haven't been to Vegas you should book a trip to see some of the Las Vegas fun you've been missing out on.