Lauderdale by the Sea
Relax at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is an ideal South Florida vacation resort, especially for families.
It has its historical roots less than a hundred years ago and the town features wonderful low-rise architecture, mostly from the middle of the twentieth century. It's one of my favorite places in South Florida.
Its beach, fishing pier and its wonderful relaxing atmosphere is perfect for the family and water sports are hugely popular here too - especially snorkeling on the coral reefs. This lovely little resort town is an active and closely-knit community and offers many events which are fun and family-friendly.
As it is only a few miles away from the busy and bustling city of Fort Lauderdale, and just thirty miles away from Miami, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea makes a great base from which to explore the area.But the best way to learn about this family vacation resort is to see for yourself. Enjoy our selection of photographs!
Relax ...Click thumbnail to view full-size
The beachClick thumbnail to view full-size
The pierClick thumbnail to view full-size
A cool drink, a hammock and a ...pelicanClick thumbnail to view full-size
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea has something for all the family. There is a beach-side cafe and plenty of other places to eat. The town runs a free shuttle bus to take you around the local area.It's like stepping back in time to another era
What to pack
You won't need much to enjoy your beach holiday in South Florida. I suggest:
- Swimwear! The chances are that you'll be spending a lot of time on the beach or in the ocean so swimsuits are going to be essential.
- Beach over ups. T-shirts are great for the guys and girls can have a lot of fun with sarongs - wear them as shawls in the evening too.
- Flip flops - no other type of footwear required!
- Shorts and jeans - no formal clothes needed at all.
- Sunglasses, sun block and tanning lotion - although you can buy these locally if you want to travel light.
Snorkelling at Lauderdale by the Sea
I love to snorkel. It's like being in another world - which it is in many ways. See the video below about snorkeling in Lauderdale by the Sea.
More Fort Lauderdale articles
- Get Married on Fort Lauderdale Beach
If you're thinking about a destination wedding,it's a great idea to consider Fort Lauderdale beach, especially at dawn. Start your new life together as a new day begins. No permits needed.
- Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale is a splendid area. See photographs and learn more about the area today and in history.
- Spend a Day on Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale: ...
Las Olas Boulevard is Fort Lauderdale's finest street. With exclusive boutiques, gourmet restaurants & luxurious facilities, it can be expensive. But you can enjoy this fabulous area on a budget.
All photographs copyright Andy Royston and used with written permission
© 2013 Jackie Jackson