Visit and Sample Delicious Macadamias at the Tropical Farms
Welcome to the Tropical Farms Oahu Hawaii
Aloha and welcome to the Tropical Farms and macadamia nuts galore. If you're a tourist to the scenic island of Oahu, Hawaii or have been on the island for a while but have not yet the opportunity to travel around the beautiful island known as the "Gathering Place," this hub introduces you to the Tropical Farms of Hawai'i, also known as "The Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet." The Tropical Farms family has been offering Hawai'i´s finest agricultural and cosmetic products at fair and reasonable prices to tourists, visitors, and kamaaina (residents) for over a decade.
Here you are welcome to try the Kona coffee and sample a variety of macadamia nuts. Some flavors are: salted and unsalted roasted, chocolate covered, garlic flavor, popcorn style, coffee flavored, etc.
After you have visited the Tropical Farms, you can also check out the Kualoa Ranch and Activity Club or go to the Kualoa Regional Park and sight-see the China Man's Hat and nearby scenic areas. Mahalo.
Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet Store
Try the Macadamia Nuts--they're Good for you!
Have You Been to the Tropical Farms Oahu HI (Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet)?
Tropical Farms, Oahu, Hawaii
49-227A Kamehameha Hwy
Ka'a'awa HI 96744
Hours of Operation:
9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. seven days a week
I Have Arrived
FIVE THINGS TO DO WHILE AT THE TROPICAL FARMS
1. Come in and taste the Coffee.
2. Sample the Macadamia Nuts. Try the the following selections (based on availability): honey roasted, coffee-coated, salted, plain, cinnamon-coated, garlic macadamia, macadamia and popcorn brittle, etc.
3. Go back for More Coffee. Hey it's a small cup. Make sure to put brown sugar and cream.
4. Browse the different macadamia packages, coffee bags, jams and jellies, natural cosmetics, souvenirs, packaged dried fruits, etc.
5. Find something you like? Then buy--this makes up for all the things you sampled.
Tropical Farms Garden
I'm Still Here.
5 MORE THINGS TO DO:
6. Take pictures and/or video with your family, significant other, or friend(s). If you're alone, request someone take your picture or video.
7. Eat snack or lunch at the patio.
8. Go to the other jewelry and souvenir stalls at the side and back.
9. Visit the nearby garden.
10. Take the Kualoa Ranch Tour (Jurassic Park, 50 First Dates)
Macadamia Nut Facts and Trivia
Macadamia nuts are high in monounsaturated fatty acid ("good" fat) and have been demonstrated to help reduce overall cholesterol levels.
Tough nut to crack: it takes 300 lbs. per square inch to break the macadamia nutshell, hardest of all nut shells.
U.S. is the largest consumer (51%) with Japan following at 15%.
Virtually all of Hawaii's macadamia nuts come from the Big Island of Hawaii.
Source: Macadamia Nut Facts and Figures
By John Fischer, About.com Guide
Kualoa Ranch Station
Kualoa Ranch and Activity Club
49-560 Kamehameha Hwy
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Kualoa and Kualoa Ranch
Kualoa is a 4,000-acre working cattle ranch, 45 minutes from Honolulu. The ranch terrain varies from dense rainforest to broad open valleys and from beautiful white sand beaches to mountain and cliff faces. This is an ideal location for die-hard outdoor recreation minded people with many places accessible only by horseback, on an all-terrain vehicle, or by hiking.
Kualoa has been the site of many Hollywood films such as Jurassic Park, Windtalkers, Pearl Harbor, Godzilla, Tears of the Sun and 50 First Dates. It is also the location shoot for some old and new television (TV) shows such as Hawaii Five-O, Magnum P.I. and Lost