Seattle Vacation Spots
I have been to Seattle 4 times over the last 5 years. My most recent trip was April 2007. I have discovered some very interesting spots to visit while in the Seattle area. I decided to create this lens to share them. Even though there are over 200 lens related to Seattle, you will not find the information on this hub. It speaks to the variety of interesting topics that Seattle has to offer.
- Oct. 2016
Some interesting places to visit...
- Redhook brewery tour
You can sample 5 different beers for only $1.
- Newly completed Olympic Sculpture Park in downtown Seattle. (FREE)
- Freemont downtown Seattle. Only sculpture of Lenin in the USA.
- Houseboats off lake Union in downtown Seattle. (Sleepless in Seattle...)
- View of Lake Washington from the walkway in Kirkland.
- Tulips at Pike's market place.
- A ferry ride on the sound.
- A postcard view of Lake Washington from Kirkland.
- Ballard Locks.
- A stunning sunset...
- A sample view at Molbak...
Seattle is home to Microsoft, the largest computer software company. It is also the Corp. headquarters of Costco, Starbucks, Kirkland and Boeing.
Seattle is known for its liberal policies. They were one of the first to pass a $15 minimum wage law. They are very invested in recycling and green technologies.
Seattle has one of the only statue of Lenin in the USA.
Seattle has an extensive system of ferries for transportation.
Seattle is home to the Salmon industry.
Homeless in Seattle
Some related links...
- Salle Auriol Fencing Club
Fencing club in downtown Seattle.
- Olympic Sculpture Park
Outdoor sculture park located adjacent to Pike's Market.
- Ballard Locks
A park in downtown Seattle where one can see the boats move...
- Molbak nursery
Largest nursery in the West coast located in Woodinville.
- Seattle's Best coffee
A better alternative to Starbucks.
A great place to shop.
- Seattle Art Museum
Museum includes a great Asian collection.
- Solstice Cyclists
Freemont annual festival.
Some attractions within driving distance...
- Mt. St. Helens
- Skiing at Stevens Pass.
- Levanworth - a touch of Bavaria. Check out the microbrew.
Mt. St. Helens 2016
Great places to eat...
Tamarind Tree - Provincial Vietnamese restaurant.
1036 South jackson Street Seattle WA