afriqnet profile image 60

Which breed of dog has the strongest bite?

I have come across a National Geo program that was determining the bite for in pounds of pressure for various dog breeds. I was amused by the suggestion that one dog has 600 pound of pressure for a bite. I think this figure is disputable, in your opinion what dog breed do you think has the strongest bite as measured by the bite force in pounds of pressure. Whats your suggestion? The following are the figures I came across do you think they are right Pitbull pressure bite was 235 lbs German Shepherd bite was 238-750 lbs Bulldog bite was 305 lbs

philli profile image91

philli says

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• afriqnet profile image

Dr Joe Njenga (afriqnet) 4 years ago

Thanks for introducing another argument or point of the view to this question. I also think gravity would also determined the force of the bite.

mcbel profile image81

mcbel says

Tonipet profile image82

Tonette Fornillos (Tonipet) says

• afriqnet profile image

Dr Joe Njenga (afriqnet) 4 years ago

I read about the pit bull jaw strength and I was surprised to read that the lock jaw phenomenon is a myth.

59

Wilbart26 says

0

Larry Wall says

0