jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Sick Rabbits

1. Rabbitloverful profile image60
    Rabbitloverfulposted 6 years ago

Rabbits can get by not takeing good care of them and by them not eating is a huge biggie and when your sick rabbits can get sick so if i were you and if i was sick like you i would stay away from rabbits and rabbits can get any disease that humans have so rember if your sick you better stay away from the rabbits thank you for reading this and partiscapating.

1. itcoll profile image61
      itcollposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had a lot of rabbits in my home a few years ago.I loved them.

2. wychic profile image80
    wychicposted 6 years ago

A good thing to point out smile, I know a lot of people don't know that something as simple as a cold can be lethal to both rabbits and cavies (guinea pigs), they just don't have very good immunities against human diseases.

3. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 6 years ago

Rabbits are cute and cuddly

1. 0
      A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And tasty!

4. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 6 years ago

I find the healthiest rabbits are the one kept in clean safe outdoor hutches. My big Flemishes are all huge and healthy. They have been in a semi insulated/heated when temps drop below -5c. They are active and so friendly.

5. balvarez143 profile image73
    balvarez143posted 6 years ago

Rabbits can suffer from intestinal blockage, it is very important to feed them enough grains to keep their digestive system from shutting down. If a rabbit stops eating and has rapid breathing, chances are that it is a digestive issue. They can get sick easily.

6. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

Thanks for reminding everyone..

I have 4 litter trained, ARBA Lion Heads my child shows and breeds for FFA and 4-H , but they are house pets and live with the cats and dogs without any issues.
    We started off 10 years ago with 2 mimi-rex bunnies, but as they got past showing age, and unfortunatly passed away ( natural causes ) we went into Lion Heads for something different.

7. pylos26 profile image77
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

My friend's rabbit found a hare in its soup...got sick and died.

8. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

actually, rabbits aren't supposed to eat grains. they should eat unlimited amounts of timothy hay, which is what keeps their digestion moving. they also need water every day. being sociable animals, if you keep them for pets, it's best to keep them indoors and interact with them on a regular basis. and you're right, they can contact some human illnesses, so lots of hand-washing is definitely advisable.

9. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

Sometimes rabbits, get ear mites real bad.  It is something to keep and eye on.  Put some drops in their ears ever so often, this what I was told by an avid rabbit lover.

10. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Rabbits are great aren't they? and they taste like chicken!